take in, also metaphorically;
"The sponge absorbs water well"
"She drew strength from the minister's words"
ingratiate oneself to; often with insincere behavior;
"She is playing up to the chairman"
try to gain favor by cringing or flattering;
"He is always kowtowing to his boss"
- These plants suck up moisture from the soil.
- That child soaks up new facts like a sponge!
- They use their tongues to suck in the green food.
- You suck on fish heads and fish fins.
- We should sum up experience,draw the lesson.
- I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life!
- suck up to 以甜言蜜语讨好; 拍...