deeply or completely;
"slept soundly through the storm"
"the baby is sleeping soundly"
completely and absolutely (`good' is sometimes used informally for `thoroughly');
"he was soundly defeated"
"we beat him good"
- The child was soundly thrashed.
- He has been soundly defeated at chess.
- The president passed the delivery of power to the successor soundly.
- The building is soundly built.
- The boys slept soundly after a day's work.
- Despite the hardness of his bed, he is soon sleeping soundly.