to a severe or serious degree;
"fingers so badly frozen they had to be amputated"
"a severely impaired heart"
"is gravely ill"
"was seriously ill"
with sternness; in a severe manner;
"`No,' she said sternly"
"peered severely over her glasses"
causing great damage or hardship;
"industries hit hard by the depression"
"she was severely affected by the bank's failure"
- My doctor is dieting me severely.
- A fire had severely damaged the warehouse.
- Humankind is severely abusing the environment.
- All cases of bullying will be severely dealt with.
- His persecutors were severely punished.
- The article was severely cut up by some critics.
- severe 严厉的