derived from what is primary or original; not firsthand;
"a secondhand report"
"a secondhand account of a memory of something once read"
"most of our knowledge is secondhand"
previously used or owned by another;
"bought a secondhand (or used) car"
by indirect means;
"I heard about it only secondhand or thirdhand"
"he prefers to buy secondhand"
- He is in the secondhand car trade.
- So moon-light is only secondhand sunlight.
- The store deals in secondhand clothes.
- At a secondhand store I ran across the works of his early years.
- I only heard about it secondhand.
- This is a book I bought secondhand years ago.