- 别客气， 没关系
- 倒不是， 并不是说
- 【计】 “非”
- 不,没 (word that gives an opposite meaning to another word or sentence)
negation of a word or group of words;
"he does not speak French"
"she is not going"
"they are not friends"
"not at all"
- I'm not really sure.
- It's not your fault.
- We are not teachers.
- They will not agree.
- Not everyone likes this book.
- David did not have a book to his name.
- His new book did not come up to expectation.
- He was not unlearned in history.
- Fortune has not always smiled on him.
- She did not see him.
- You may not be chosen.
- I mustn't forget.
- They are not here.
- I think it is right to say peace cannot be got by begging.
- I'm going too, ain't I?
- Ain't we having fun?
- I asked him not to come.
- He warned me not to be late.
- The wisest policy is not to interfere.
- The difficulty was in not laughing out loud.
- Not knowing,I cannot say.
- Not having a telephone can save you a lot of trouble.
- I don't think it will rain.
- I don't believe the policy of power politics can blackmail us into submission.
- “Will it rain?” “I hope not.”
- “Does he know?” “I believe not.”
- “Can I come in?” “I'm afraid not.”
- Is she ready or not?
- Can you mend it or not?
- All he has said is not right.
- Not everyone can play the violin.
- Both of the books are not to my taste.
- We plan to meet again in the not too distant future.
- They are not rich.
- “Are you hungry?” “Not hungry, just very tired.”
- That was not wisely done.
- Not until last week was the project in full blast.
- Not for the world, would I never think of hurting her.
- “Would you like some more?” “Not for me, thank you.”
- “Do you go in the sea every day?” “Not in the winter.”
- She argued, and not without reason, that no one could afford to pay.
- It's not on Sunday.
- Not a hair of your head shall be touched.
- “How much did this cost?” “Not a penny.”
- “Who will do the washing-up?” “Not me.”
- He drank not a little of the wine.
- The tumbler is not half full.
- He accused them of being responsible for the error, and that's not half of the story.
- I don't half like the idea of your travelling by yourself.
- I didn't feel half sorry, to tell you the truth.
- This lesson is not half so difficult as that one.
- We didn't feel half as bad when we got there.
- His first attempts at painting are not half as bad.
- as likely as not
- as often as not
- as soon as not
很愿意,再乐意不过 very happy to do sth
不是…而是 (show one choice instead of another)
- not a
- not all that
不那么… not as seriously as
- not at all
别客气 you're welcome
- not in the least
- not only...but (also)
不但…而且 there're the other beside these
- not so much...as
与其说是…,不如说是 would rather to say
- not that
并不是说 though one is not suggesting that
- not (that)...but
并不是…,而是… not sth but the others
- not yet
尚未,还没有 (sth) didn't happen
- not that 并不是说
- not at all (用于否定)一点也不...
- not half 一点也不
- not all that 不那么 ...
- not a patch on 远不如
- not a bit 一点也不
- not so much as 与其 ... 不如...
- Not that I know of. 据我所知并非如此。...
- not all roses 不尽完美
- not a gleam of hope 毫无希望
- not a dog's chance 一点机会也没有...
- not a feather to fly with 贫困
- not nearly 远不及
- not much in it 没什么差别
- not having any [口][前接动词be...
- not a few 不少(很多)
- not amount to a hill of beans 无足轻重
- not be much on 对 ... 不感兴趣...
- not put it past someone 相信某人会做出...
- bat 球棒
Is he not a gay dissipated rake who has squandered his patrimony?出自： R. B. Sheridan
This is not the cause of a king, but of kings.出自： Burke
If the sky were not clear..you would have to come..in the morning.出自： T. Hardy
The English translation is not good.出自： A. Tate
An Indian, isn't he?出自： P. Capon
A swimming-pool..is common to all as a table is not.出自： absol.
- not的基本意思是“不,没有”,通常用于否定句中,位于动词be、have/has或情态动词之后,或与之一起构成缩写形式; 如:isn't, don't, won't等。
- 在美国口语中常用ain't代替am not/are not/is not/has not/have not。
- not可用于省略结构中,代替词、词组或整个句子。在一些动词(如think, believe等)、副词(如probably等)和词组(如be afraid等)之后,可用not代替否定从句。
- not与all, both, every, always等词连用时表示部分否定。
- not only...but also...既不表否定意义,也不能用于否定结构; not either...or或neither...nor可表达否定意义。
- not还可以和一些数词连用表达不同的意思。当not与数词连用时,意为“少于,不到”; not也可与表示数量的形容词连用表示不同的意思,如not many(much)(很少,不多), not a few(a little)(不少,很多), not a bit(毫不,一点也不); not还可否定one, once等词,意为“不止一个〔次〕”; not可与half连用意为“不到一半”,但在非正式英语里,如果not half加上某些形容词(与be连用)或动词(助动词do),意为“一点也不”,但在英式英语中(do)not half加上动词意为“非常”, not half so/as加上形容词或副词意为“远不及”; 另外not half as bad意为“好多了”。
- I do not hope that he will come tomorrow.
- I hope that he will not come tomorrow.
- I am not afraid that he will come tomorrow.
- I am afraid that he will not come tomorrow.
- I do not fear that he will come tomorrow.
- I fear that he will not come tomorrow.
- I do not trust that he will come tomorrow.
- I trust that he will not come tomorrow.
- not名词前有a, any, much, enough等限定词时，不可用no，应用否定副词not。
误 Getting not enough sleep is harmful to your health.
正 Not getting enough sleep is harmful to your health.由于不知道发生了什么事,他像往常一样去上班了。
误 Having not know about the accident, he went to work as usual.
正 Not having known about the accident, he went to work as usual.
误 I beg you to not go.
正 I beg you not to go.
析 不定式的否定形式是not to do。学生们举行罢课,但老师们没有举行罢教。
误 The students went on strike, but no the teachers.
正 The students went on strike, but not the teachers.
析 not和no均可用来构成否定,但用法不同。not用来使动词变成否定,而no是作为形容词用在名词前,意思是not a或not any。我两个都不要。
误 I don't want both of them.
正 I don't want either of them.
析 either用在not后面,表示全部否定,而not与all, every, everyone, both等词连用时表示部分否定。我几乎不能相信这事。
误 I cannot almost believe it.
正 I can hardly believe it.
析 “几乎不”用hardly, scarcely表达。almost可以修饰no, none, nothing等词,但不能修饰not。他总是不迟到的。
误 He is always not late.
正 He is never late.
析 always not表示“不总是,有时不”,不符合句意。他一点也不像他父亲。
误 He is not a little like his father.
正 He is not a bit like his father.
析 not a little等于much,表示“很多”,而not a bit表示“一点也不”。他不仅作出了许诺,而且履行了诺言。
误 Not only he made a promise, but also he kept it.
正 Not only did he make a promise, but also he kept it.
正 He not only made a promise, but also he kept it.
析 not only用在句首,第一个分句应倒装。我没有兄弟。
误 I have not brother.
正 I have no brother(s).去年没有游客来过这个小岛。
误 No any tourists came the island last year.
正 No tourists came to the island last year.我不知道他想干什么。
误 I have not idea what he wants to do.
正 I have no idea what he wants to do.
析 此处no是形容词,加在名词前作定语,等于not any, not是副词,不能直接修饰名词。他不该这么早就开始。
误 He should have not started so early.
正 He should not have started so early.
析 在复合谓语动词中,副词not, never等通常放在第一个助动词之后。他不像你那样强壮。
误 He is not so strong like you.
正 He is not so strong as you.
析 not so...as是as...as的否定形式,不可用not so...like表示。老板度假了,但没有一个雇员在度假。
误 The boss was on holiday, but no the employees.
正 The boss was on holiday, but not the employees.
误 He didn't speak clearly and correctly.
正 He didn't speak clearly or correctly.
析 not...or表示全部否定, not...and表示部分否定。他不仅弹钢琴,而且还拉小提琴。
误 He not only plays the piano, but also the violin.
正 He plays not only the piano, but also the violin.他不但会说英语,而且会说法语。
误 He not only speaks English but also French.
误 Not only does he speak English, but French as well.
正 He speaks not only English but also French.
正 Not only does he speak English but also speaks French.
析 not only...but also...所连接的内容在形式上要前后对称。不仅这些书,而且这本词典也是我的。
误 Not only the books but also the dictionary belong to me.
正 Not only the books but also the dictionary belongs to me.
析 用not only...but also...连接两个部分作主语时,其谓语动词的数要与but also后的主语保持一致。她学习和她弟弟一样努力,但不如她姐姐努力。
误 She studies as hard as her younger brother, but does not study hard as her elder sister.
正 She studies as hard as her younger brother, but not so hard as her elder sister.
析 把两个相同的人或事物比较时,须用as...as或not so/as...as,误句中后半句少了so/as。“同我们一起去好吗?”“不。”
误 “Will you go with me?” “Not.”
正 “Will you go with me?” “No.”
析 同no, never, hardly等否定词不一样, not不能用来回答提问。你难得来看看我们。
误 You not hardly ever come to see us.
正 You hardly ever come to see us.
- ☆ 13世纪中期进入英语，直接源自古英语的noht，意为无。