- n. 三明治
- vt. 插入；夹在中间
- [C] 三明治 two or more slices of bread with meat, cheese, etc. between
- vt. 把…夹在…之间 put one thing or person between two others especially when there is little space
- vt. 挤在…中间 put or squeeze in
two (or more) slices of bread with a filling between them
make into a sandwich
insert or squeeze tightly between two people or objects;
"She was sandwiched in her airplane seat between two fat men"
- I had a ham sandwich as lunch.
- I'll try a chicken salad sandwich.
- I'm busy today but I will sandwich that job after supper.
- He was sandwiched between two fat women on the bus.
- I sandwich a bookmark in my book.
- This sandwich has no taste.
- Cut the sandwich into four equal slices.
- He looked at the sandwich with greedy eyes.
- To make a ham sandwich you put a slice of ham between two slices of bread.
- The sandwich ought to be good—I used the very best ingredients.
- Taste some of this sandwich.
- People should not often eat sandwich made of chicken and fine flour.
- The hungry boy ate the sandwich with brutish enjoyment.
- She cut the sandwich into pieces and gave one to each child.
- He ate the whole sandwich and drank all the tea.
- The stream flowed over its slim sandwich of mud and stones.
- I'm very busy today but I will sandwich that job in after tea.
- Study should be sandwiched with periods of rest.
- Leisure is not something sandwiched into the wee hours after an exhausting day.
- sandwich between (v.+prep.)
把…挤〔夹〕在…之间 crush or fit (sb/sth) tightly between (two things or people)
sandwich sb/sth between sb/sth
I'm very busy but I'll try to sandwich that job between visitors.
I couldn't get out of the bus, as I was sandwiched between an old lady with stiff legs and a kicking schoolchild.
Our car was sandwiched between two big trucks, almost touching them.
A film of plastic was sandwiched between two pieces of glass.
This visit was sandwiched between visits to his native Japan.
- cheese sandwich 乳酪三明治
- chicken sandwich 鸡肉三明治
- club sandwich 夜总会三明治,公司三明治
- corned-beef sandwich 咸牛肉三明治
- cucumber sandwich 黄瓜三明治
- double-decker sandwich 双层三明治
- ham sandwich 火腿三明治
- open-face sandwich 无盖三明治
- tomato-and-lettuce sandwich 番茄莴苣三明治
- tuna sandwich 金枪鱼三明治
His love-affairs..were sandwiched in at odd moments.出自： F. M. Ford
He sits..sandwiched between speakers blaring..hard rock music.出自：Time
His descendant..sandwiches the Wedgwood name between Tony and Benn.出自：Art Artists
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的sandwich，意为夹心面包。