- [C] 圣徒,圣人 a person who is officially recognized after death by the Christian church as being specially holy and worthy of formal honor in the church
- [C] 道德崇高的人 a very good and completely unselfish person
- [C] 圣…(冠于人名、地名之前) (used as a title before a saint's name)
a person who has died and has been declared a saint by canonization
person of exceptional holiness
model of excellence or perfection of a kind; one having no equal
declare (a dead person) to be a saint;
"After he was shown to have performed a miracle, the priest was canonized"
- They named their child after the saint.
- Only a saint can put up with her children.
- After he died, the Church declared him a saint.
- Nature to a saint is sacramental.
- Confucian doctrine exerted a profound influence on later ages, so Confucius is addressed respectfully as a saint.
- I am no saint.
- He was made a saint.
- She is a real saint.
- Saint Joan of Arc isn't simple person.
Not..canonised on earth, though they are saints in heaven.出自： H. E. Manning