- 降落物， 雨点般降落的东西
- [U][S]雨 water falling in separate drops from the clouds
- vi. & vt. (雨)降下; (使)降落 (of rain) fall; (cause to) fall like rain
water falling in drops from vapor condensed in the atmosphere
drops of fresh water that fall as precipitation from clouds
anything happening rapidly or in quick successive;
"a rain of bullets"
"a pelting of insults"
precipitate as rain;
"If it rains much more, we can expect some flooding"
- There will be rain in all parts of the country.
- The boys went for a walk despite of the rain.
- The rain beat against the windows.
- Too much rain accounted for the poor crop.
- There is plenty of rain this year.
- If it doesn't rain tomorrow, we'll have a picnic.
- It began to rain as soon as he left home.
- Tears rained down her cheeks.
- The suitcase burst open and its contents rained on the floor.
- Rain was beating on the windows.
- They put the oil cloth on the roof to block out rain.
- The rain kept falling for a few days.
- The rain greatly advanced the spring crops.
- When the rain stopped, the floods began to fall away.
- The sun broke through after days of rain.
- It feels like rain.
- Following the heavy rain, the storage tanks were filling up again.
- I had not bargained for the heavy rain, and got very wet without a coat.
- The crops were beaten down by the heavy rain.
- The ground became softer after a heavy rain.
- Early in April, just before a rain begins, broadcast tomato seeds.
- Owing to a heavy rain, all our plans fell through.
- We decided to brave a rain of bullets.
- His face was bathed in a rain of tears.
- It is probable that rains will fall tomorrow.
- The rains that year were good, they were coming nicely just as the crops needed them.
- It's raining.
- It will rain in the afternoon.
- He went out though it was raining hard.
- It has rained over.
- It never rains but pours.
- It rained large drops.
- We'll have to cancel the cricket match, it's raining cats and dogs.
- rain or shine〔rain〕 or no rain
- rain down1 (v.+adv.)
大量地流〔落〕下来 (of water, etc.) fall in large amounts
Long after the storm, water still rained down from the roofs where it had collected.
暴风雨过去很长一段时间后,积在房顶上的雨水仍一个劲儿地从房顶上流下来。rain down sth
The old woman rained down curses on our heads.
- rain down2 (v.+prep.)
顺…大量地流下来 (of water, etc.) fall in large amounts along sth
rain down sth
Tears rained down her cheeks.
- rain off (v.+adv.)
〈主英〉因下雨而受阻〔取消〕 be prevented from taking place because of rain
rain sth ⇔ off
The meeting was rained off.
Two cricket matches were rained off this weekend, and would have to be played next week.
- rain on〔upon〕 (v.+prep.)
(使)雨点般地落到…上 (cause to) descend quickly or in quantity on sb/sth
rain on〔upon〕 sb/sth
Shells rained on the enemy positions.
I lay still as the blows continued to rain on my head.
Misfortunes have rained heavily upon the old man.
Take care not to let these goods be rained on.
当心别让这些货物淋到雨。rain sth on〔upon〕 sb/sth
The crowd rained kisses on the popular actor.
The smokestacks rained black soot on the city.
Angrily, he rained blows on the door, but no one came.
They rained bombs and rockets on the enemy gun emplacements.
Shells were rained on them, but no one thought of his own danger.
- rain out (v.+adv.)
〈主美〉因下雨而受阻〔取消〕 be prevented from taking place because of rain
rain sth ⇔ out
The Saturday night rally in the stadium was rained out.
- brave the rain 冒雨
- expect rain 盼望雨水
- have rain 有雨水
- keep off rain 防雨
- make rain 人工降雨
- need rain 需要雨水
- produce rain 人工降雨
- shut out rain 遮雨
- threaten rain 预示着要下雨
- acid rain 酸雨
- constant rain 连绵不断的雨
- driving rain 暴风雨
- falling rain 飘降着的雨
- fine rain 细雨
- freezing rain 冻雨
- gentle rain 小雨
- hard rain 大雨
- heavy rain 大雨
- icy rain 冷雨
- light rain 小雨
- man-made rain 人工降雨
- new-fallen rain 刚下的雨
- steady rain 连绵的雨
- terrible rain 糟糕的雨
- the first rain 第一场雨
- thin rain 小雨
- welcome rain 及时雨,甘霖
- in the rain 冒着雨,在雨中
- drops of rain 雨点
- rustling of rain 淅沥沥的雨水声
- on account of rain 由于下雨
- cancel the match on account of rain 因下雨取消比赛
- clothes wet with rain 被雨水淋湿的衣服
- without rain 没有雨水
- rain cats and dogs 大雨倾盆
Swoll'n with..late descending rains.出自： T. Gray
One rains he died.出自： B. M. Croker
The summer rains didn't come.出自： C. McCullough
We must put the chairs on the verandah, otherwise they will be rained on.出自： I. Murdoch
It never rains but it pours.出自：Proverb
- rain的意思是“雨”,通常用作不可数名词, a rain指“一次雨、一阵雨、一场…样的雨”, rains指“几场雨,大阵雨”。
- the rains指“雨季”, rains可受May,July等修饰。
- “小雨”是light rain,“大雨”是heavy rain。
- “因雨取消会议、比赛”等常用被动结构,英式英语常用rain off,而美式英语则常用rain out。
- Today's football match has been rained out.
- Today's football match has been rained off.
误 The farmers want the rain.
正 The farmers want rain.今年的雨水很多。
误 We've had many rain this year.
正 We've had much rain this year.
误 He was caught in rain.
正 He was caught in the rain.
析 “在雨中”英语是in the rain,需要用定冠词the。昨天晚上有一场小雨。
误 There was a small rain last night.
正 There was a light rain last night.
析 “一场小雨”,英文用a light rain,不用small。一场大雨冲走了许多肥沃的土壤。
误 A big rain washed away much rich soil.
正 A heavy rain washed away much rich soil.
析 表示“大雨”通常应该说heavy rain,而不说big rain或great rain。不断的下雨使两岸都淹没了。
误 Continuous rain overflowed the banks.
正 Continuous rains overflowed the banks.
误 They played football under the rain.
正 They played football in the rain.
析 “冒着雨”应该说 in the rain,而不能说 under the rain。
误 It rained at five o'clock.
正 It began to rain at five o'clock.
误 If it isn't rain tomorrow, we'll go to the zoo.
正 If it doesn't rain tomorrow, we'll go to the zoo.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的regn，意为雨。