- v. (猫等满足地)呜呜叫；(机器等)发出低沉震颤声；(人)发出愉快的声音
- n. (猫等满足时)呜呜的叫声；(机器等)低沉的颤动声；人高兴发出的声音
a low vibrating sound typical of a contented cat
make a soft swishing sound;
"the motor whirred"
"the car engine purred"
indicate pleasure by purring; characteristic of cats
- The cat was purring contentedly on my lap.
- The big car purred along the road.
- She purred her approval of the suggestion.
- I stroked the cat and it gave a low purr.
- I heard the gentle purr of an engine outside the house.
The purr of a waterfall rose and sank with the wind.出自： E. Birney
Joy gave a little purr of satisfaction.出自： M. Binchy
A cat lay, purring loudly, on my lap.出自： P. Farmer