- Matthew Prior 普赖尔（1664-1721，英国诗人）
- [A]优先的,在前的,较早的 previous; former; earlier
- the head of a religious order; in an abbey the prior is next below the abbot
- earlier in time
- He feels a prior obligation to his job as a journalist.
- The offer is subject to prior sale.
- His answer was tinted by his prior knowledge.
- This task is prior to all others.
- Constitution is prior to all other laws.
- The golden octave holds within it all of the prior eight vibrations or planes within its field.
- The presiding judge can view the arguments of counsel with understanding, for he may have used them himself on a prior day.
I have a prior engagement at five.
She gave up her job as she felt her family had a prior claim to her attention.
- prior to
The will was made two days prior to his death. 遗嘱是在他死亡前两天立的。
I saw him prior to leaving. 离开前我见到了他。
The duty to protect my sister is prior to all others. 保护我的妹妹是我最重要的责任。
Gary..pleaded a prior commitment to homework.出自：D. Lodge
Jealous about his wife's prior sexual experience.出自：P. Van Sommers
- ☆ 1714年进英入语，直接源自拉丁语的prior，意为之前，优于。
- prioritize v. 使优先
- prior:prior adj. 优先的, 在前的n. 预先adv. 在 英英解释:名词prior:1. the head of a religious order; in an abbey the prior…