- Matthew Prior 普赖尔（1664-1721，英国诗人）
- [A]优先的,在前的,较早的 previous; former; earlier
the head of a religious order; in an abbey the prior is next below the abbot
earlier in time
- He feels a prior obligation to his job as a journalist.
- Generally speaking, individuals who first appropriate part of a water supply have prior claim over those whose appropriation is later in time.
- The offer is subject to prior sale.
- His answer was tinted by his prior knowledge.
- This task is prior to all others.
- Constitution is prior to all other laws.
- The golden octave holds within it all of the prior eight vibrations or planes within its field.
- The presiding judge can view the arguments of counsel with understanding, for he may have used them himself on a prior day.
- I have a prior engagement at five.
- She gave up her job as she felt her family had a prior claim to her attention.
- prior to
Gary..pleaded a prior commitment to homework.出自： D. Lodge
Jealous about his wife's prior sexual experience.出自： P. Van Sommers
- prioritize v. 使优先