- 通常地,平常地,惯常地 in most cases; generally
- under normal conditions;
"usually she was late"
- I usually wake up early.
- Medicines are usually compounds.
- The herrings usually live in large shoals.
- They don't usually imprison first offenders.
- Children under five usually travel free on trains.
- The teacher usually worked on till late at night.
A woman usually carries a small mirror in her bag.
How many offspring does a lion usually have?
Children usually have a lively fancy.
Children are usually afraid of the dark.
Soot is usually the product of the imperfect combustion of fuel.
It was usually in the morning that she saw her patients.
Usually,he doesn't take medicine.
Usually, the street is quiet.
I get paid on Fridays, usually.
We don't usually get up before nine on Sunday.
British policemen do not usually carry arms.
- unusually同usually的用法不一样,unusually只用来修饰形容词或另一个副词,不能用来修饰动词。例如:He's unusually fond of chocolate.他非常喜欢巧克力。I see,you had done your homework unusually well.原来,你作业做得非常出色。
- usually, always, often, sometimes
这四个词意思相近。其区别是：1.表示的频率不同。例如：He comes to school on Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday and even on Sunday.我们可说：He always goes to school.always表示的频率是100%。He comes to school on Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday and Friday.我们可说：He usually goes to school.usually表示的频率是90%。He comes to school on Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursday.我们可说：He often goes to school.often表示的频率是60%。He comes to school on Monday and Thursday.我们可以说He sometimes goes to school.sometimes表示的频率是20%。2.always的反义词是never; often的反义词是seldom; usually的反义词是occasionally, sometimes的反义词是always。
- usually, as usual
这两者都可表示“通常地”。其区别是：usually 指经常的行为或动作; 而as usual指一次性的行为或动作,意为“像往常一样,照例”。试比较:
- He usually goes to bed at ten o'clock.
- He went to bed at ten o'clock as usual today.
- always often usually frequently repeatedly regularly
- usually:usually adv. 通常, 大抵Google提供的广告…