- 总是; 永远; 一直; 无例外地 at all times; without exception
- 重复地; 有规律地 repeatedly; regularly
at all times; all the time and on every occasion;
"I will always be there to help you"
"always arrives on time"
"there is always some pollution in the air"
"ever hoping to strike it rich"
without variation or change, in every case;
"constantly kind and gracious"
"he always arrives on time"
"the world is constantly changing"
at any time or in any event;
"you can always resign if you don't like it"
"you could always take a day off"
forever; throughout all time;
"we will always be friends"
"I shall treasure it always"
"I will always love you"
- I'm always at home in the evenings.
- A live band is always a good draw at a party.
- We should always help each other.
- They will always be friends.
- You can always resign if you feel unhappy.
- You could always use a dictionary.
- The earth always moves around the sun.
- I always have a boiled egg for breakfast.
- The mailman always comes at 9 o'clock.
- Cage always gets up early in the morning.
- Mary always attends to her work.
- He always acts the lord.
- We always mean what we say.
- He always accompanied his speech with gestures.
- If I scold the boy, he always answers back.
- He always answers letters on the same day he gets them.
- He is afraid of waking up late, and so he always has an alarm clock on his bedside table.
- He always does wrongful acts.
- I can't take her seriously; she always seems to be acting.
- He always acted up to the principle he set for himself.
- Visitors to our city always admire the beautiful buildings.
- Brothers and sisters do not always agree as well as they should.
- My theories and his do not always agree.
- Meetings with him always afforded me much pleasure.
- The new forces always defeat the forces of decay.
- He was always addressed by his surname with prefix of “Mr.”.
- The door is always open.
- Why are you always late for school?
- He is always here.
- She was always the first to arrive at the workshop.
- Things are not always as they appear.
- He is a smart boy; he is always wide awake .
- He admires you for being always good-tempered.
- There is always some lightning when it thunders.
- It is always hot in summer.
- Lies are always lame.
- He seems awfully always afraid of losing his job.
- The farmer felt the cow, went away, returned, sorely perplexed, always afraid of being cheated.
- You always are generous.
- He always is here.
- We allowed for the train being late—it always is.
- He always was a strange fellow.
- You should always aim at doing your job well.
- You should always do your best.
- Joe said he would always love Rose.
- I shall always remember this day.
- She had always appeared like a happy little bird singing and flitting about.
- You must always bear this in mind.
- We always must work hard.
- Always taking out the meal-tub, and never putting in, soon comes to the bottom.
- Always, we went there on foot.
- Premier Zhou, we will remember you always!
- Kong Fansen will be remembered always.
- I will love you always.
- Always put on your safety belt when you drive.
- Always check your controls when you start the machine.
- Always switch off the current before you do this.
- You are always asking the same question.
- My little daughter is always bothering me when I'm at work.
- They both are always grumbling.
- The postman is always putting your letters in my letter box.
- I'm always forgetting people's names.
- She's always giving people little presents.
- Alice is always leaving things about.
- The little girl is always crying.
- He's always saying the same thing.
- She was always asking for money.
- This old car is always acting up.
- Why are you always biting your nails?
- Why are you always finding faults with me?
- You've always been my close friend.
- He's always believed the lies his friends tell him.
- I've always said he'd end up in jail.
- We have always lived in this house.
- I've always known he would get into trouble.
- You could always use a dictionary.
- They can always go to a bank if they need more money.
- I think you can always speak English.
- As a last resort,I can always work.
- I can always work with my hands if I'm not allowed to work with my mind.
- You can always leave if the show gets boring.
- You could always go along with them,I suppose.
- She can always find time for friendly chat.
- He can always make excuses for being late.
- If you don't like it, you can always go home.
- He could always undertake such heavy work.
- She is a kind lady and she can always do that.
- One can not always be a hero, but one can always be a man.
- I'm not always at home on Sundays.
- The rich are not always happy.
- A great scholar is not always a very wise man.
- She is not always late.
- He was not always truthful.
- Crows are not always black.
- The good and the beautiful do not always go together.
- The bus doesn't always stop here.
- We cannot always see it.
- The boy is always restless.
- Freddie almost〔nearly〕 always goes to town on Sunday nights.
- as〔like〕 always
一如往常 as usual
- for always
永远 for ever
- as always 一如既往
- for always 永远
- A bad workman always blames his tools. [谚]拙匠总怪工具差...
- This is always the way with her 这是她的特点和习惯,...
- It is always the way with her. 这是他的特点和习惯,...
- It is always the way with him 这是他的特点和习惯,...
- It is always the way with him. 他总是那个样子。...
- It is always the way with her 这是她的特点和习惯,...
- A ill workman always blames his tools. 拙匠常怨工具差...
- This is always the way with her. 这是他的特点和习惯,...
- This is always the way with him 这是他的特点和习惯,...
And Love hath oft, well meaning, wrought much wo, Yet always pity or pardon hath obtain'd.出自： Milton
She is always seeing Apparitions.出自： Addison
None slow enough for sadness: till we came Homeward, which always makes the spirit tame.出自： Shelley
I always said you could not trust these Moors.出自： Yeats
She was somebody you always felt like talking to on the phone.出自： J. D. Salinger
- always作“总是,永远,始终”解时只与一般时连用,不与进行时连用。用于进行时或口语中表示再三的、多次的重复行为,常指令人不快或讨人嫌的事情,不表示某时刻正在发生的动作。always有时可用于现在完成时,常译为“一直〔向〕”“早已”。always有时还与can, could连用表示“无论如何”“实在不行的话”“当然,肯定”等。always用在口语中还有“厌烦”“气愤”“不满”“责备”“惊奇”“赞许”等意思。
- always在句中的位置比较固定,即总是在实义动词之前,动词be、助动词或情态动词之后。但在强调时, always也可放在动词be、助动词或情态动词之前(这时动词be、助动词或情态动词要重读)。有时为表达感情, always也可放在句首或句末(这时always要重读),在祈使句中, always可置于句首。
- always不能修饰not,但可被not修饰,即不说always not,只说not always表示部分否定。但always可修饰由表示否定意义的前后缀构成的形容词,意为“总是不”。
Rain and storm always comes with typhoon.
He is always asking questions.
You are always finding fault with me.
She always dreams of him.
She never laughs.(NOT She always does not laugh.)
Whenever he meets me he always speaks of his father.
- He always is here!指“他的确常在这（不要认为他不在这）”，强调is，需重读，注意句末习惯用感叹号。
- always, all ways
- always是由all ways演变而来的,它们形、音相近,但含义不同。前者是副词,后者是由两个词组成的名词性短语,表示“(尽可能用)各种方法”,含有未达到预想结果的意味。例如：
- He boasts that he can do it all ways.他吹嘘自己能用各种方法做这件事。
- We have tried all ways to get the information, but without success.我们想尽一切办法去弄清情况,但没有成功。
- All ways to cure him have been tried.为了抢救他,所有办法都试过了。
- The carpenter tried all ways of fixing the shelf to the wall, but always without success.木匠千方百计想把这个架子固定在墙上,可总不成功。
- He always teaches his students in all ways.他总是用各种方法教学生。
- always, often, usually, sometimes
- He comes to school on Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday and even on Sunday.我们可说：He always goes to school.always表示的频率是100%。
- He comes to school on Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday and Friday.我们可说：He usually goes to school.usually表示的频率是90%。
- He comes to school on Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursday.我们可说：He often goes to school.often表示的频率是60%。
- He comes to school on Monday and Thursday.我们可以说He sometimes goes to school.sometimes表示的频率是20%。
- 2.always的反义词是never; often的反义词是seldom; usually的反义词是occasionally, sometimes的反义词是always。
误 Always nothing happens when I am on duty.
正 Nothing ever happens when I am on duty.我在那儿时,从来没有人打扰我。
误 During my staying there, always nobody disturbed me.
正 During my staying there, nobody ever disturbed me.
析 always不与nothing, nobody用在一起表示全部否定。他从不提问。
误 He doesn't always ask questions.
正 He never asks questions.
- ☆ 14世纪中期进入英语，直接源自古英语的ealne weg，意为一直。