- 整洁的,爱整洁的 in good order; showing care in appearance
- 利索的,简洁的 simple and effective
- (酒)纯的 (of alcoholic drinks) without ice or water or other liquid
clean or organized;
"her neat dress"
"a neat room"
showing care in execution;
free from what is tawdry or unbecoming;
"a neat style"
"a neat set of rules"
"she hated to have her neat plans upset"
free from clumsiness; precisely or deftly executed;
"he landed a clean left on his opponent's cheek"
"a clean throw"
"the neat exactness of the surgeon's knife"
"he did a bully job"
"a neat sports car"
"had a great time at the party"
"you look simply smashing"
"took his whiskey neat"
- He has made neat paths and has built a wooden bridge over a pool.
- The headmaster praised the boys for their neat turn-out.
- He gave a neat summary of the financial situation.
- The naughty boy played a neat trick.
- It was a very neat job.
- he slipped the ball back neat.
- The pavement on each side was crowded with neat smiling people.
- Cats are neat animals.
- Her neat dress shows her taste.
- There is a neat yard with a fence around it.
- He is a neat worker.
- He was praised for his neat and careful work.
- She gave a neat answer.
- There are no neat solutions to this problem.
- He wants to buy a neat dress for his wife.
- Each day it was marked off with a neat × .
- What a neat idea!
- I like my whisky neat.
- His appearance is very neat.
- Your room is as neat as a pin.
- She patted her hair to be sure that it was neat.
- The party was really neat, we had good fun.
- She is neat about her dress.
- He always is neat in everything he does.
- Her room is neat to a fault.
- He keeps everything neat and tidy.
- The children cooperated with their teachers in keeping the classroom neat.
One Pabst, one Jack Daniel's neat.出自： A. Tyler
They drank neat gin out of aluminium cups.出自： H. Carpenter
- 在非正式语体中, neat还可作“纯的”解,一般是指酒不加冰水或不加其他酒,可充当后置定语。
- neat, tidy, trig, trim
- Once upon a time the universe was all tidy, with everything in its proper place.很久以前宇宙是秩序井然的,所有一切都各居其位。
- A trim ship is sailing.一条漂亮的帆船正在行驶。
- He has a trig new tailored suit.他有一套裁剪合身的新衣服。
- ☆ 1542年进入英语，直接源自盎格鲁法语的neit，意为整洁的，远离肮脏；最初源自古典拉丁语的nitidus，意为令人喜爱的，典雅的，整洁的。