- 其间,同时 in the time between two events; at the same time
the time between one event, process, or period and another;
"meanwhile the socialists are running the government"
at the same time but in another place;
"meanwhile, back at the ranch..."
during the intervening time;
"meanwhile I will not think about the problem"
"meantime he was attentive to his other interests"
"in the meantime the police were notified"
- Father was cutting the grass, and meanwhile mother was planting roses.
- Meanwhile, my debts were mounting up.
- Meanwhile they set aside part of their funds for the motorized boats.
- She's due to arrive on Thursday. Meanwhile, what do we do?
- I went to college. Meanwhile, all my friends got well-paid jobs.
- They'll be here soon. Meanwhile, let's have some coffee.
- Eve was cutting the grass, meanwhile Adam was playing roses.
In the meanwhile, the Government is effectively admitting that state spending is out of control.出自：Daily Telegraph
- ☆ 14世纪中期进入英语，直接源自该语的mean （中，中间的） + while （一段时间），意为在同一段时间中。