the time between one event, process, or period and another;
"meanwhile the socialists are running the government"
during the intervening time;
"meanwhile I will not think about the problem"
"meantime he was attentive to his other interests"
"in the meantime the police were notified"
- I continued working. Meantime, he went out shopping.
- The new software will be available in the spring. Meantime, users with problems can call our helpline.
- I like skiing and in the meantime, I know it is very dangerous.
- You buy the fruits, in the meantime I'll cook breakfast.
- I mean he used mean means in the meantime on the ocean.
- In the meantime, we returned to Singapore just for a few days to attend the commissioning service organized by our home church Hebron BP.
In the meantime that hundred pounds must be sent.出自： D. Eden
Other books on the same subject are liable to be published in the meantime.出自： H. Acton
The telephone will..redial the number, even if you've hung up in the meantime.出自：Which?