- [U]强烈的性欲，淫欲 very strong sexual desire,especially when uncontrolled and not related to liking or love
- [C][U]强烈的愿望，渴望 strong desire;eagerness to possess sth
- vi. 贪求，渴望 feel a strong desire for sb or sth
a strong sexual desire
self-indulgent sexual desire (personified as one of the deadly sins)
have a craving, appetite, or great desire for
- The lust for the superfluous is folly, for it has no bounds.
- It is quite obvious that he has a lust for power.
- The lust of men must not be overdone.
- She felt no lust whatsoever for him.
- He is satisfied with the pleasant lust of arrogance.
- He looked at her, his eyes becoming hazy with lust.
- Their affair was driven by pure lust.
- Do not lust in your heart after her beauty or let her captivate you with her eyes,
- You should try to lust after her.
- Her attraction to him is pure lust.
- He was blinded by the lust for gain.
- He was driven by the twin lusts for money and success.
- lust after〔for〕 (v.+prep.)
对…有极强的欲望(尤指性欲) feel an extremely strong, especially sexual, desire for sb/sth
lust after〔for〕 sb/sth
Jenney has been lusting after Jack for weeks.
I've never really lusted for possessions very much.
I have neither lust nor leasure to enter the question.出自： W. Sclater
I've seen them lusting for blood once they start hunting.出自： M. S. Power
He had a wife he lusted after but didn't love.出自： P. D. James
- lust用作动词时不及物，常用于短语lust after〔for〕中，表示“对…有极强的欲望”，尤指性欲。
- lust, craving, desire
- desire可指各种欲望,包括好的和不好的; craving表示强烈的欲望,尤指被认为是不好的欲望,如:a craving for cigarettes抽烟的强烈欲望; lust语气很强,通常用作贬义词,如:the lust for power权欲。