- [U]运气 chance, what happens to sb/sth
- [U]好运,幸运 success or sth good that happens as a result of chance;good fortune
your overall circumstances or condition in life (including everything that happens to you);
"whatever my fortune may be"
"deserved a better fate"
"has a happy lot"
"the luck of the Irish"
"a victim of circumstances"
"success that was her portion"
an unknown and unpredictable phenomenon that causes an event to result one way rather than another;
"bad luck caused his downfall"
"we ran into each other by pure chance"
an unknown and unpredictable phenomenon that leads to a favorable outcome;
"it was my good luck to be there"
"they say luck is a lady"
"it was as if fortune guided his hand"
- He came to Beijing to try his luck.
- He had wonderful luck in all his ventures.
- He ascribes his success to good luck.
- You never know your luck.
- Nothing happens by chance or by means of good luck.
- Don't expect to luck through without an effort.
- He lucked out and found a seat.
- I couldn't believe my luck.
- May you have better luck next time!
- The luck has turned in our favour.
- I hope this charm will bring luck to you.
- Bad luck pursued us all through the year.
- We drink a toast to our good luck.
- He ascribed his failure to bad luck.
- Some people refer all the troubles to bad luck instead of to lack of ability.
- Diligence is the mother of good luck.
- I wish you good luck in getting a job.
- He had the luck to get a ticket.
- What a great piece of luck!
- as luck would have it
- down on one's luck
遭不幸,倒霉 have a period of misfortune
- in luck
运气好 having good fortune
- out of luck
运气不佳,倒霉 not having good fortune
- worse luck
- bring luck 带来运气
- chance one's luck 碰运气
- change the luck 改变运气
- crowd one's luck 〈美口〉在有利形势下继续冒险
- face luck 走运
- envy sb's good luck 嫉妒某人运气好
- fall into luck 接连走运
- have bad luck 运气坏
- have good luck 运气好
- have hard luck 运气坏
- have little luck 运气欠佳
- have no luck 不走运
- have poor luck 运气不好
- keep off bad luck 驱走厄运
- meet hard luck 陷入困境,不得志
- play big luck 走运
- press one's luck 得寸进尺,想再度好运
- push one's luck 得寸进尺,贪心,想再度好运
- trust to luck 碰运气
- try one's luck 碰运气
- bad luck 坏运气
- fishing luck 渔运
- good luck 好运气,走运
- hard luck 倒霉,厄运
- ill luck 倒霉,厄运
- pure luck 纯粹侥幸
- rough luck 倒霉
- tough luck 倒霉
- worse luck 不幸
- by ill luck 不巧
- by good luck 幸亏,侥幸地
- up luck 走运
- through good luck 靠好运气
- with luck on one's side 某人走运
- with a little luck 有一点好运气
I have but lean luck in the match.出自：Comedy of Errors , Shakespeare
I don't allow it's luck and all a toss.出自： J. Davidson
I've tried to keep things going in spite of bad luck.出自： E. O
- as luck would have it含有“幸运地”或“不幸地”两种相对立的意思,句意须视上下文而定。
- worse luck是“不幸”的意思,而非“更不幸”。
- luck, chance, fortune
- We had the luck to get the best seats.我们真幸运,得到了最好的座位。
- Chance plays an important part in many card games.在许多纸牌游戏中运气起很大作用。
- What wonderful fortune she was enjoying!她多走运啊!
- luck, fate
- 这两个词均可表示“命运”。前者指无法控制或改变的(不幸)命运; 后者尤指偶然的运气。
- It was pure luck to find him.
- It was pure luck finding him.
- ☆ 15世纪晚期进入英语，直接源自中古英语的lucke，意为运气，好运。