- [U]运气 chance, what happens to sb/sth
- [U]好运,幸运 success or sth good that happens as a result of chance;good fortune
- your overall circumstances or condition in life (including everything that happens to you);
"whatever my fortune may be"
"deserved a better fate"
"has a happy lot"
"the luck of the Irish"
"a victim of circumstances"
"success that was her portion"
- an unknown and unpredictable phenomenon that causes an event to result one way rather than another;
"bad luck caused his downfall"
"we ran into each other by pure chance"
- an unknown and unpredictable phenomenon that leads to a favorable outcome;
"it was my good luck to be there"
"they say luck is a lady"
"it was as if fortune guided his hand"
- He came to Beijing to try his luck.
- He had wonderful luck in all his ventures.
- He ascribes his success to good luck.
- You never know your luck.
- Nothing happens by chance or by means of good luck.
- Don't expect to luck through without an effort.
- He lucked out and found a seat.
I couldn't believe my luck.
May you have better luck next time!
The luck has tnrued in our favour.
I hope this charm will bring luck to you.
Bad luck pursued us all through the year.
We drink a toast to our good luck.
He ascribed his failure to bad luck.
Some people refer all the troubles to bad luck instead of to lack of ability.
Diligence is the mother of good luck.
I wish you good luck in getting a job.
He had the luck to get a ticket.
What a great piece of luck!
- as luck would have it
As luck would have it, the drowning man caught hold of a piece of plank blown toward him by a sudden gust. 很幸运,那个快要淹死的人抓到一块被阵风吹向他的木板。
As luck would have it, a doctor happened to be there when she fainted. 她晕倒时幸好旁边正有一位医生。
As luck would have it, we arrived just as they were leaving. 巧得很,他们正要离开时,我们赶到了。
As luck would have it, there was a sudden gust when the fire broke out. 当火灾发生时,不幸正遇上一阵大风。
- 幸运地 fortunately
- down on one's luck
遭不幸,倒霉 have a period of misfortune
He would not hesitate to give money to anyone down on one's luck. 他对任何不幸的人都很慷慨。
Harry asked me to lend him ten dollars, because he was down on his luck. 哈利要我借给他10美元,因为他遭到了不幸。
He used to be wealthy but he's down on his luck. 他以前一向富裕,但现在却穷困潦倒了。
With all these losses he's had recently, he's certainly down on his luck. 他最近遭受这么些损失,当然境况不佳。
- 遭不幸,倒霉 have a period of misfortune
- in luck
运气好 having good fortune
Bill was in luck when he found the money he had lost on the street. 比尔的运气真好,他在街上找到了丢失的钱。
Mary dropped her glasses and they did not break, she was in luck. 玛丽的眼镜掉在地上,没有摔破,她真走运。
- 运气好 having good fortune
- out of luck
运气不佳,倒霉 not having good fortune
When we at last reached the railway station, we were out of luck.The train had gone. 当我们终于到达车站时,运气不佳,火车已开走了。
- 运气不佳,倒霉 not having good fortune
- worse luck
We won't be able to get away this weekend, worse luck! 我们本周末走不成了,真倒霉!
- 不幸 unfortunately
- bring luck 带来运气
- chance one's luck 碰运气
- change the luck 改变运气
- crowd one's luck 〈美口〉在有利形势下继续冒险
- face luck 走运
- envy sb's good luck 嫉妒某人运气好
- fall into luck 接连走运
- have bad luck 运气坏
- have good luck 运气好
- have hard luck 运气坏
- have little luck 运气欠佳
- have no luck 不走运
- have poor luck 运气不好
- keep off bad luck 驱走厄运
- meet hard luck 陷入困境,不得志
- play big luck 走运
- press one's luck 得寸进尺,想再度好运
- push one's luck 得寸进尺,贪心,想再度好运
- trust to luck 碰运气
- try one's luck 碰运气
- bad luck 坏运气
- fishing luck 渔运
- good luck 好运气,走运
- hard luck 倒霉,厄运
- ill luck 倒霉,厄运
- pure luck 纯粹侥幸
- rough luck 倒霉
- tough luck 倒霉
- worse luck 不幸
- by ill luck 不巧
- by good luck 幸亏,侥幸地
- up luck 走运
- through good luck 靠好运气
- with luck on one's side 某人走运
- with a little luck 有一点好运气
I have but lean luck in the match.出自：Comedy of Errors,Shakespeare
I don't allow it's luck and all a toss.出自：J. Davidson
I've tried to keep things going in spite of bad luck.出自：E. O
- as luck would have it含有“幸运地”或“不幸地”两种相对立的意思,句意须视上下文而定。
- worse luck是“不幸”的意思,而非“更不幸”。
- luck, chance, fortune
这三个词的共同意思是“运气”。其区别是：luck是口语用词,可指好的或坏的运气,没有修饰语时,多指好运,往往含有成功或愉快之义;chance侧重偶然的、无法推测的因素;fortune指决定或影响未来的机遇,常含有变幻无常和人力无法改变的意味。例如:We had the luck to get the best seats.我们真幸运,得到了最好的座位。Chance plays an important part in many card games.在许多纸牌游戏中运气起很大作用。What wonderful fortune she was enjoying!她多走运啊!
- luck, fate
- It was pure luck to find him.
- It was pure luck finding him.
- destiny fate lot doom luck fortune
- ☆ 15世纪晚期进英入语，直接源自中古英语的lucke，意为运气，好运。
- luck:解释 英文 名词 n.【U】1. 运气,命运It's a matter of luck whether we are successful.我们是否成功是碰运气的事。2. 好运;幸运;侥幸She h…