- 可能的;有希望的 probable;that is expected
- 适合的 that seems suitable for a purpose
- 可能 probably
- has a good chance of being the case or of coming about;
"these services are likely to be available to us all before long"
"she is likely to forget"
"a likely place for a restaurant"
"the broken limb is likely to fall"
"rain is likely"
"a likely topic for investigation"
"likely candidates for the job"
- likely but not certain to be or become true or real;
"a likely result"
"he foresaw a probable loss"
- expected to become or be; in prospect;
- within the realm of credibility;
"not a very likely excuse"
- with considerable certainty; without much doubt;
"He is probably out of the country"
"in all likelihood we are headed for war"
- I'm likely to be very busy tomorrow.
- They'll very likely ask for an increase in the budget.
- I've heard whispers that the firm is likely to go bankrupt.
- A rather different fate seems more likely.
- I shall very likely be here again next month.
- You'll most likely see these animals at twilight.
They are likeliest candidates.
That's the likeliest suggestion we've heard yet.
They are likely young men.
He is likeliest person for the job.
He says he just forgot about it—a likely story!
That's a likely story!
Rain is likely in all parts of the country today.
They are likely to be free this afternoon.
He seems likely to pass the exam.
The harvest seems likely to be good this year.
It is not likely that he will come.
It isn't likely that I should accept such an offer as that.
It seems likely that prices will go up.
They'll very likely come by car.
- as likely as not
As likely as not she's forgotten all about it. 她很可能把这事忘得一干二净了。
I hope that none of your friends are likely to come in.出自：E. M. Forster
In a television studio, where the acoustic is liklier to be drier.出自：Listener
It seems likely that St Paul's was the church Edmund was going to.出自：A. Thwaite
Officers..were six times as likely to be killed as their men.出自：H. Bailey
His life provided models for behaviour in any likely circumstance.出自：G. Greene
Surveys carried out last winter have helped to predict likely road conditions.出自：Lancaster Guardian
- a likely story常用来表示反语,表示对某人的话不屑一听和不相信。
- likely, apt
- likely, possible, probable
- ☆ 直接源自古挪威语的likgilr，意为很可能的，多半。
- likely:likely adj. 很可能的, 合适的, 可靠的, 有希望的adv. 或许, 很可能 英英解释:形容词likely:1. has a good chance of being the case o…