- [A] 在职的 holding the stated office
- [P]义不容辞的 being the duty or responsibility (of sb)
- [C]教区牧师 rector or vicar
- [C]教会中的任职者 person holding a church benefice
- the official who holds an office
- lying or leaning on something else;
"an incumbent geological formation"
- necessary (for someone) as a duty or responsibility; morally binding;
"it is incumbent on them to pay their own debts"
- currently holding an office;
"the incumbent governor"
- It is incumbent on me to reclaim him.
- I think it's incumbent upon us to support him.
- He, as the incumbent, is vulnerable on this.
Bush is the incumbent president of the United States.
It is incumbent upon us to do so.
It is incumbent on you to provide for your parents.
The old man is an incumbent.
- incumbent on成为责任的
The post of private chaplain..had had half a dozen incumbents.出自：K. Amis
The proselytes will return to their original sentiments as soon as the incumbent terror is removed.出自：G. Morris
- incumbent用作形容词作“在职的”解时常用作定语；作“义不容辞的”解时常用作表语，其后常接“on〔upon〕 pron. +to- v ”结构。
- incumbent:incumbent adj. 职责所在的, 负有...义务的习惯用语be incumbent upon sb. 不容某人推辞(做某事的)责任; 对某人(做某事)是责无旁贷的be incumbent t…