someone who lives at a particular place for a prolonged period or who was born there
- She is the next occupant of the post.
- Acts induced or compelled by the occupant are nonetheless its acts.
- The previous occupants had left the house in a terrible mess.
- The occupant of the in pace had this wet soil for his bed.
- The present occupant is looking for two females to share the four-bedroom house.
I recognised him as the occupant of the flat on the top floor.出自： J. Buchan
In the train the lights were dim. The occupants of the carriage still sat up.出自： P. Farmer