characterized by undue haste and lack of thought or deliberation;
"a hotheaded decision"
"liable to such impulsive acts as hugging strangers"
"an impetuous display of spending and gambling"
marked by violent force;
"impetuous heaving waves"
- He is an impetuous young man.
- She regretted her impetuous decision.
- It was impetuous of her to do that.
- Youngsters are usually more impetuous than old people.
- It would be foolish and impetuous to resign over such a trivial matter.
Strength to resist the most impetuous winds.出自： S. Williams