- n. 倒影；反射；反映；沉思；考虑
- [C]映像,倒影 an image reflected in a mirror or similar surface
- [C]反映,表达 sth that shows the effects of, or is a sign of
- [U]深思,回忆; 考虑,看法 thought or memory of past events; consideration
- [C]非难,责备; 不名誉,耻辱 cause of blame of credit
a calm, lengthy, intent consideration
the phenomenon of a propagating wave (light or sound) being thrown back from a surface
expression without words;
"tears are an expression of grief"
"the pulse is a reflection of the heart's condition"
a likeness in which left and right are reversed
the image of something as reflected by a mirror (or other reflective material);
"he studied his reflection in the mirror"
(mathematics) a transformation in which the direction of one axis is reversed
a remark expressing careful consideration
the ability to reflect beams or rays
- The cat felt curious when she saw her own reflection in the mirror.
- The moon is bright only by reflection.
- They were studying the reflection of sound waves.
- His dark looks are a reflection of his unhappiness.
- Your clothes might be a reflection of your personality.
- This mess is a reflection on his incompetence and lack of confidence.
- After long reflection, we decided to buy the house.
- After long reflection we decided to buy the house.
- The reflection of the sun on the glass wall was blinding.
- You can see your reflection in a mirror.
- This is a reflection of their frailty.
- A moment's reflection will show you are wrong.
- be a reflection on
损害…的名声,暗含责难〔批评〕harm the good reputation of sb/sth; imply blame or criticism of sb/sth
- on reflection
再经考虑after reconsidering sth
- a few reflections 几点想法
- grave〔little〕 reflection 慎重〔稍加〕考虑
- mature〔serious〕 reflection 成熟〔认真〕的思考
- quiet reflection 静静的沉思
The eye sees not itself But by reflection, by some other things.出自：Julius Caesar , Shakespeare