- [C]风帽，兜帽，头巾 a covering for the whole of the head and neck (except the face),often fastened to a coat
- [C]汽车发动机罩 the bonnet covering the engine of a car
an aggressive and violent young criminal
a protective covering that is part of a plant
(slang) a neighborhood
a tubular attachment used to keep stray light out of the lens of a camera
(falconry) a leather covering for a hawk's head
metal covering leading to a vent that exhausts smoke or fumes
the folding roof of a carriage
a headdress that protects the head and face
protective covering consisting of a metal part that covers the engine;
"there are powerful engines under the hoods of new cars"
"the mechanic removed the cowling in order to repair the plane's engine"
(zoology) an expandable part or marking that resembles a hood on the head or neck of an animal
cover with a hood;
"The bandits were hooded"
- Love is not a hood, but an eyewater.
- She is wearing a red cloak with a hood.
- Mike has a souped-up engine under his hood.
- At the gas station they raised the hood of our car to put oil in the engine.
- Clouds hooded the mountain tops.
- He worn a coat with a hood yesterday.
- The computer hood fell down to the floor.
- lens hood 物镜遮光罩
- engine hood 发动机罩
- sight hood 准星兜
- Robin Hood 罗宾汉
- funnel hood 烟囱帽
- camera hood 漏光防护,罩...
- fume hood 烟橱
- suction hood 吸尘罩
- fuming hood 烟橱,通风橱...
- exhaust hood 排汽缸
- smokestack hood 烟筒挡烟罩
- canopy hood 保温炉排风罩,伞形罩...
- chimney hood 排气罩,烟囱帽...
- protective hood 防护兜帽,防护罩...
- draught hood 烟橱通风罩
- ventilator hood 通风器罩
- cantilever hood 悬臂回转式排风罩...
- dust hood 尘罩,防尘罩...
- cowl hood 缸头罩
A movement of my head shifted the hood of my parka slightly.出自： B. Lopez
She was sitting in a park watching some hoods rifling cars.出自： J. Didion
In my Bronx you were either a gangster or you fought the hoods.出自： D. Caute
- hoodless adj. 无帽的；无罩的