- vt. & vi. 忘记 fail to remember or to keep in the memory
- vt. & vi. 不再想,忽视 stop thinking about
dismiss from the mind; stop remembering;
"I tried to bury these unpleasant memories"
be unable to remember;
"I'm drawing a blank"
"You are blocking the name of your first wife!"
forget to do something;
"Don't forget to call the chairman of the board to the meeting!"
leave behind unintentionally;
"I forgot my umbrella in the restaurant"
"I left my keys inside the car and locked the doors"
- I'm sorry; I've forgotten your name.
- I almost forget to pay the phone bill.
- We must not forget about the grass roots.
- That was a moment that I shall never forget.
- Forget yourself and think of someone else for a change.
- I'm afraid I forgot myself and kissed him wildly.
- Don't forget your friends when you become rich.
- Keep it in mind,Please don't forget.
- You'd better forget for the moment.
- I couldn't forget even if I wanted to.
- What's her name?I forget.
- I want to sleep— to sleep and forget.
- You should forgive and forget.
- After the argument the boys decide to forgive and forget.
- I'll never forget them.
- You've forgotten me, haven't you?
- He forgot his old friends when he became rich.
- He forgets himself.
- I hope he doesn't forget the plane tickets.
- Sorry to disturb you; I forgot my key.
- They agreed to forget their disagreements and be friends again.
- We mustn't forget our origin.
- We shall never forget the bitter past.
- I'll never forget your kindness.
- I never forget a face or a name.
- I'm sorry I forget your name.
- He forgot my birthday again this year.
- He worked so hard that he often forgot his meals.
- She soon forgot her father's warning.
- I am forgetting my Russian.
- He was talking to himself, as if he had forgotten her presence.
- I seem to have forgotten his address.
- If we can't get any financial backing, we might as well forget the whole thing.
- Her kindness won't be forgotten.
- The lessons he taught were not easily forgotten.
- Don't forget to turn off the light when you leave the room.
- Don't forget to write to me when you get to Beijing.
- Don't forget to give my greeting to Jacqueline.
- Don't forget to send in your entries by Wednesday to this address.
- Don't forget to shake the bottle before use.
- You won't forget to post that letter, will you?
- I forgot to ask him to come today.
- I forgot to tell him the news.
- I cleanly forgot to ask him about it.
- I forgot to do my homework.
- I forgot to read that book.
- I forgot to write the letter.
- She nearly forgot to give him a tip for his service.
- The light is still on. Who's forgotten to turn it off?
- He had forgotten to bring his umbrella and he was wet through.
- My watch has stopped,I had forgotten to wind it in the train last night.
- She found his story so compelling that she had forgotten to drink wine.
- She's always forgetting to give me my letters.
- He is always forgetting to bring the tools.
- I keep forgetting to take my pills before meals.
- I forgot how to swim.
- I forgot how to spell your name.
- It seems that he forgot what to do next.
- He forgot when to start.
- He forgot which way to go.
- I'm forgetting how to speak my English after the long summer vacation.
- I shall never forget meeting you for the first time.
- I'll never forget finding that rare coin in my garden.
- I forgot doing my homework.
- I forgot reading the book.
- I forgot seeing the film long before.
- I forgot telling her about it.
- He has forgotten paying me.
- It's funny,I've quite forgotten putting it there.
- I forgot my father going to London.
- I shall never forget that she sang this song.
- Don't forget that we're going to the theatre tonight.
- Don't forget that we are going out this evening.
- Did you forget that I was coming?
- I forgot that I read the book before.
- They treated her like a daughter, in an effort to make her forget that she was motherless.
- I forgot that he was coming to dinner.
- I'm sorry,I am forgetting that you don't like beans.
- I'm forgetting that I promised to call him today.
- That book fascinated me that I forgot how the time was going.
- She forgot how the puzzle fitted together.
- I forgot what I was going to say.
- I forgot what I gave him.
- They almost forgot what they were up there for.
- I have forgotten what he said his address was.
- I've forgotten where he lives.
- He said he forgot whether she said that or not.
- I have forgotten whether he wants it.
- I forgot who said it.
- forget about( v.+prep. )
忘记… fail to remember
forget about sb/sth/v-ing
Get a new guy,I said, and forget about me.
Try to forget about him.
How could you forget about such a large debt?
Why don't you forget about all this and learn something useful?
How can I forget about the event?
She forgot about the concert.
I quite forgot about her birthday.
Once they started to talk, they forgot about the time.
You can forget about a holiday this year— I've lost my job.
I have forgotten all about it.
Rose forgot all about their appointment.
He had forgotten about that, it was such a long time ago.
I had forgotten all about the snails when Robert suddenly said that I must stay to dinner.
Thanks for reminding me. I'd forgotten all about his coming this afternoon.
I wish I could forget about your mother's coming to stay.
Did you forget about going to the bank?
She forgot about buying a newspaper.
Thanks for reminding me,I had forgotten all about telephoning him.
- forget to( v.+prep. )
代某人向某人问候 say hello to sb for another person
forget sb to sb
Forget me to your parents.
Don't forget me to Jacqueline.
Don't forget me to your brother.
- forget the address 忘了地址
- forget the date 忘记日期
- forget the key 忘了钥匙
- forget sb's face 忘记某人的脸
- forget sb's hat 忘记某人的帽子
- forget the beginning of a story 忘记故事的开头
- forget the name 忘记名字
- forget time 忘记时间
- forget cleanly 完全地忘掉
- forget completely 彻底地遗忘
- forget conveniently 容易忽略
- forget deliberately 故意忘记
- forget easily 容易忘
- forget eternally 永远地忘记
- forget flagrantly 公然忽视
- forget momentarily 短暂地忘记
- forget promptly 迅速地遗忘
- forget speedily 迅速地遗忘
- forget utterly 彻底遗忘
- forget wantonly 不负责任地忽略
I had forgotten we were dining out.出自： E. M. Forster
Why should I remember that and forget so much else?出自： S. Sassoon
- forget接动名词时意为“做了某事而把它忘记了”; 接动词不定式用于过去时或完成时时意为“要做而忘记做”; 用于将来时或祈使句时通常用否定式,表示“不要忘记做某事”。
- forget的主语是单数第一人称时,用一般现在时,强调暂时仍处于想不起来的状态; 用现在完成时,强调遗忘的彻底性; 用过去时,强调曾经遗忘,而现在又想起来了; 用过去完成时,强调在过去某一时刻遗忘,但后来又想起来了。
- forget v-ing, forget to-v
- 后接动名词表示“忘记曾经做过或发生的事”(该事已经发生过了); 后接动词不定式则表示“忘记去做某事”(该事尚未发生)。例如:
- He has forgotten to pay me.
- He has forgotten paying me.
- forget, leave, lose
- He lost his nerve and his memory for names.他不知所措且想不起名字来。
- Don't forget your duties.别玩忽职守。
- We mustn't forget our origin.我们不能忘本。
- I clean forgot to ask him about it.我完全忘了向他打听那件事。
- I forgot reading the book.我忘记了以前读过这本书。
- He left his keys in his bed.他把钥匙遗忘在床上了。
- Oh dear! The travelling bag has been left.哎呀!忘拿旅行袋了。
误 I've forgotten my dictionary at home.
正 I've left my dictionary at home.
误 I will always not forget him.
误 I will not forget him forever.
正 I will never forget him.
正 I won't ever forget him.
析 forget若表示否定意义时,常与never或not ever搭配,而不与always或forever搭配。我忘记去拜访他了。
误 I forget to call on him.
正 I have forgotten to call on him.我碰巧想不起他的地址了。
误 I happened to forget his address.
正 I happened to have forgotten his address.
析 forget强调状态,指“暂时想不起来”, have forgotten则强调遗忘的彻底性。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的forgytan：for (路过，放走） + gytan (抓），意为放某人或事走过。