to a faint degree or weakly perceived;
"between him and the dim light a form was outlined faintly"
"stars shining faintly through the overcast"
"could hear his distant shouts only faintly"
"the rumors weren't even faintly true"
- One can faintly discern the flavour of lemon.
- On the bench a large light bulb was glowing faintly.
- In the midst of a profound stillness, she faintly began.
- She can then mark faintly in pencil an aim line.
- She could faintly discern faces, and that was all.
To praise faintly the good Qualities of those below them.出自： Steele
She..heard them still singing faintly a song.., very remote in time and far away.出自： Scott Fitzgerald
The room..was only faintly lit.出自： M. Lavin
His brother..would be faintly surprised by this visit.出自： G. Greene