put on special clothes to appear particularly appealing and attractive;
"She never dresses up, even when she goes to the opera"
"The young girls were all fancied up for the party"
make something appear superficially attractive;
"The researcher tried to dress up the uninteresting data"
"Don't try to dress up the unpleasant truth"
put a caparison on;
"caparison the horses for the festive occasion"
dress in a costume;
"We dressed up for Halloween as pumpkins"
dress in a certain manner;
"She dresses in the latest Paris fashion"
"he dressed up in a suit and tie"
- Her maid helped her to dress up for the party.
- They all dressed up to take part in the parade.
- Don't bother to dress up come as you are.
- The girls all dressed up to take part in the evening party.
- Mr.Green dressed up as a policeman in dark glasses.
- dress up 穿上盛装
- vest 背心
- garnish 装饰
- embellish 美化、装饰或修饰...
- caparison 装饰用马衣...
- trick out 装饰
- bard 吟游诗人
- fig out 打扮, 穿上盛装...
- get up 起床
- window-dress 以表面的装饰吸引人...
- attire 服装
- rig out 装扮
- trick up 装饰
- overdress （使）过度打扮...
- fancy up 装饰
- fig up 打扮, 使马跑快...
- costume 服装
- prink 化妆
- deck up 装饰
- deck out 打扮
- barde 铠甲(保护或装饰马匹的盔...
- dress 服装
- gussy up 精心打扮
- dress down 狠狠地训斥