cause to speak,
"Can you draw her out--she is always so quiet"
lengthen in time; cause to be or last longer;
"We prolonged our stay"
"She extended her visit by another day"
"The meeting was drawn out until midnight"
make more sociable;
"The therapist drew out the shy girl"
deduce (a principle) or construe (a meaning);
"We drew out some interesting linguistic data from the native informant"
remove as if by suction;
"aspirate the wound"
remove, usually with some force or effort; also used in an abstract sense;
"extract a bad tooth"
"take out a splinter"
"extract information from the telegram"
- He will draw out the names of the lucky winners.
- HK Representative C W Wong picks the draw.
- He drew out a handkerchief from his trouser pocket.
- One more pull will bring the car out of the ditch.
- Pull out the wire until it is very thin.
- He stretched the elastic out as far as it would go.
- He lightened his bag by taking out some books.
- I can't get this screw to come out of the wall.
- draw out 抽出
- put one's arm out further than one can draw it back again 把手伸得太长,冒险妄...
- draw out to a great length 拖得很久,持续了很长...