- v. 减少；减小；降低
- n. 减少；降低
- vt. & vi. (使)缩短；减小，减少 (cause to) become shorter,smaller,less
- [U]减小，降低 reduction
- [C]减少(量) amount by which sth decreases
a change downward;
"there was a decrease in his temperature as the fever subsided"
"there was a sharp drop-off in sales"
a process of becoming smaller or shorter
the amount by which something decreases
the act of decreasing or reducing something
decrease in size, extent, or range;
"The amount of homework decreased towards the end of the semester"
"The cabin pressure fell dramatically"
"her weight fell to under a hundred pounds"
"his voice fell to a whisper"
"He decreased his staff"
- They are making further efforts to decrease military spending.
- His interest in this subject gradually decreases.
- The government projected a tax decrease.
- They tried to decrease the costs.
- The new treatment led to a huge decrease in the number of deaths.
- There has been a steady decrease in population in this city.
- The traffic accidents in the city decreased last year.
- The population began to decrease.
- Interest in the sport is decreasing.
- They decreased the size of the group from 25 to 15.
- The decrease in sales was almost 20 percent.
- There has been a decrease in exports.
- Is crime on the decrease?
- decrease by 3 times 减少三倍
- decrease by 5 tons 减少五吨
- decrease by ten percent 减少百分之十
- decrease in number 数目减少
- decrease to 减少到
- on the decrease 在减少
The bruise was still visible..though the swelling had decreased.出自： A. Sillitoe
Decreasing the chances of his proposal being accepted.出自： J. G. Farrell
- decrease, diminish, lessen, reduce
- 这组词都可表示“降低”或“减少”。其区别在于:decrease指各种事物逐渐减少、逐渐衰弱的过程; lessen指减轻强度和减缓烈度,也可指从整体上减去部分或在程度上、数量上的减少; diminish指可以看得出的“缩小”“缩减”; reduce指缩小事物的范围、强度、数量等,也可指级别、地位或经济条件的降低。例如:
- Decrease the dose of medicine when you feel better.你感到好些就减少药剂用量。
- The number of fighters had now diminished to two, but the hilltop remained in our hands.现在战士只剩下两个人了,但我们仍然占领着山头。
- Good lubrication will reduce friction.良好的润滑会减少摩擦。
- The noise lessened as the plane got further away.飞机逐渐飞远了,噪音也就减弱了。
- ☆ 14世纪晚期进入英语，直接源自中古英语的decresen，意为减少，缩减。
- decreased adj. 减少的