- n. 债务；恩情；负债状态；义务；罪
- [U][C]债,债务,欠他人的东西 sth owed to sb else
the state of owing something (especially money);
"he is badly in debt"
money or goods or services owed by one person to another
an obligation to pay or do something
- He promised to pay his debt within a month.
- If I pay all my debts I'll have no money.
- We owe you a debt of gratitude for you help.
- The company is deep in debt.
- We'll run into debt if you spend more than our income.
- You have an obligation to pay your debt to society.
- Liabilities are the obligatio or debt that a busine must pay in money or services at some time in the future.
- He's in debt to the extent of200.
- They said that they would drop the charges if we paid off the debt.
- You must spend less until your debts are paid off.
- Her debts amount to over $ 1000.
- He had run up more debts for food supplies.
- I must pay my debts.
- If I pay all my debts,I shall have no money left.
- I need to pay off all my debts before I leave the country,
- After she lost her job, she got into debt.
- We were poor but we never got into debt.
- Many people experience difficulty in paying off their debts.
- She agreed to settle her sister's debts.
- The bank finally agreed to cancel the debt.
- I would like to acknowledge my debt to my teacher.
- Increasing government debt financed the new motorway.
- He spent more and more money, getting deeper and deeper into debt.
- I owe a debt of gratitude to my father, who has always supported me.
- He repaid his debt of gratitude to Jane by helping her mother.
- He had run up credit card debts of thousands of dollars.
- By this time we had debts of over ￡15, 000.
- We owe a debt to the Royal Shakespeare Company for its magnificent production of King Lear.
- be in〔out of〕 debt
欠〔不欠〕债 owe〔not owe〕 a lot of money
- be in sb's debt
欠某人的情 feel grateful to sb for his help,kindness,etc.
- acknowledge debt 承认负债
- call in debt 收回债务
- cancel debt 取消债务
- clear a debt 还清债
- clear off one's debt 清偿债务
- clear up one's debt 清偿债务
- contract debt 借债，负债
- discharge one's debt 清偿债务
- extinguish one's debt 清偿债务
- fall into debt 负债
- get into debt 负债
- get out of debt 还债
- incur debt 招致负债
- meet one's debt 如期偿还债务
- owe sb a debt 欠某人一笔债
- pay back debt 还债
- pay off one's debt 清偿债务
- pay one's debt 偿付债款
- pay the debt of nature 死
- recover debt 收回借款
- repudiate debt 赖债
- run into debt 负债，借债
- settle a debt 还清债务
- settle one's debt 还债
- stay out of debt 不借债
- turn into debt 负债，借债
- wipe out debt 了结债务
- bad debt 收不回的借款
- external debt 外债
- gambling debt 赌债
- heavy debt 重债，一大笔债
- huge debt 巨额债务
- internal debt 内债
- national debt 国债
- outstanding debt 未清偿的债务
- private debt 私人债务
- public debt 公债
- unsettled debt 未清偿的债务
- business debt 生意上的债
- debt collector 收债人
It was my greatest ambition..to save money enough with which to pay this debt.出自： B. T. Washington
To pay ourselves what to ourselves is debt.出自：Hamlet , Shakespeare
- ☆ 13世纪晚期进入英语，直接源自古法语的dete；最初源自古典拉丁语的debere：de (分开） + habere (拥有），意为拥有权力被分开。