- [U][C]债,债务,欠他人的东西 sth owed to sb else
- the state of owing something (especially money);
"he is badly in debt"
- money or goods or services owed by one person to another
- an obligation to pay or do something
- He promised to pay his debt within a month.
- If I pay all my debts I'll have no money.
- We owe you a debt of gratitude for you help.
- The company is deep in debt.
- We'll run into debt if you spend more than our income.
- You have an obligation to pay your debt to society.
- Liabilities are the obligatio or debt that a busine must pay in money or services at some time in the future.
- He's in debt to the extent of200.
- They said that they would drop the charges if we paid off the debt.
You must spend less until your debts are paid off.
Her debts amount to over $ 1000.
He had run up more debts for food supplies.
I must pay my debts.
If I pay all my debts,I shall have no money left.
I need to pay off all my debts before I leave the country,
After she lost her job, she got into debt.
We were poor but we never got into debt.
Many people experience difficulty in paying off their debts.
She agreed to settle her sister's debts.
The bank finally agreed to cancel the debt.
I would like to acknowledge my debt to my teacher.
Increasing government debt financed the new motorway.
He spent more and more money, getting deeper and deeper into debt.
I owe a debt of gratitude to my father, who has always supported me.
He repaid his debt of gratitude to Jane by helping her mother.
He had run up credit card debts of thousands of dollars.
By this time we had debts of over ￡15, 000.
We owe a debt to the Royal Shakespeare Company for its magnificent production of King Lear.
- be in〔out of〕 debt
欠〔不欠〕债 owe〔not owe〕 a lot of money
The club is ￡4 million in debt. 这家俱乐部负债400英镑。
He died heavily in debt. 他死时负债累累。
I don't like being in debt to anyone. 我不喜欢欠任何人的钱。
She was so deeply in debt that she was declared to be bankrupt. 她负债累累以致于被宣告破产。
I'm in debt to him for all he has done for me. 我感谢他为我所做的一切。
I'm heavily in debt at the moment,but hope to be out of debt when I get paid. 我现在负债累累，但希望拿到工资后就能把债务还清。
I'll be out of debt next year. 我明年就没有欠债了。
It's hard to stay out of debt when you are a student. 当学生很难不负债。
Scott's novels were written to get him out of debt. 斯科特写那些小说是为了清偿债务。
- 欠〔不欠〕债 owe〔not owe〕 a lot of money
- be in sb's debt
欠某人的情 feel grateful to sb for his help,kindness,etc.
We are in your debt, Dr Marlowe. 马洛医生，我们很感激您。
You have been so kind to us that we shall always feel we are deeply in your debt. 你待我们太好了，我们将永远感激不尽。
- 欠某人的情 feel grateful to sb for his help,kindness,etc.
- acknowledge debt 承认负债
- call in debt 收回债务
- cancel debt 取消债务
- clear a debt 还清债
- clear off one's debt 清偿债务
- clear up one's debt 清偿债务
- contract debt 借债，负债
- discharge one's debt 清偿债务
- extinguish one's debt 清偿债务
- fall into debt 负债
- get into debt 负债
- get out of debt 还债
- incur debt 招致负债
- meet one's debt 如期偿还债务
- owe sb a debt 欠某人一笔债
- pay back debt 还债
- pay off one's debt 清偿债务
- pay one's debt 偿付债款
- pay the debt of nature 死
- recover debt 收回借款
- repudiate debt 赖债
- run into debt 负债，借债
- settle a debt 还清债务
- settle one's debt 还债
- stay out of debt 不借债
- turn into debt 负债，借债
- wipe out debt 了结债务
- bad debt 收不回的借款
- external debt 外债
- gambling debt 赌债
- heavy debt 重债，一大笔债
- huge debt 巨额债务
- internal debt 内债
- national debt 国债
- outstanding debt 未清偿的债务
- private debt 私人债务
- public debt 公债
- unsettled debt 未清偿的债务
- business debt 生意上的债
- debt collector 收债人
It was my greatest ambition..to save money enough with which to pay this debt.出自：B. T. Washington
To pay ourselves what to ourselves is debt.出自：Hamlet,Shakespeare
- ☆ 13世纪晚期进入英语，直接源自古法语的dete；最初源自古典拉丁语的deebre：de (分开） + haebre (拥有），意为拥有权力被分开。
- debt:debt n. 债务, 罪过 英英解释:名词debt:1. the state of owing something (especially money)2. money or goods or se…