go upward with gradual or continuous progress;
"Did you ever climb up the hill behind your house?"
appear to be moving upward, as by means of tendrils;
"the vine climbed up the side of the house"
rise in rank or status;
"Her new novel jumped high on the bestseller list"
- Do you think you can climb that steep cliff?
- I felt something crawling up my arm.
- He trembles, but must investigate as high as he can climb.
- The branches of scrambling string beans are able to climb onto a vegetable stand.
- climb up the ladder 往上爬,官运亨通...