- n. 裂缝；漏洞；硬币；叮当声；(贬)中国人
- v. (使)叮当响
(ethnic slur) offensive term for a person of Chinese descent
a narrow opening as e.g. between planks in a wall
a short light metallic sound
make or emit a high sound;
fill the chinks of, as with caulking
make cracks or chinks in;
"The heat checked the paint"
- This letter opened a chink of hope.
- Snow sifted through a chink in the window.
- Through a chink she could see a bit of blue sky.
- His love of drink is his chink in the armor.
- He seems immovable in his opposition to our plan, but I think I detect a chink in his armour.
Spoon chinked upon soup-plate.出自： A. Carter