- vt. 欺骗；骗取
- vi. 作弊；行骗
- n. 骗子；欺骗
- vt. 欺骗,哄骗 deceive or trick; act in a dishonest way
- vi. 欺诈,作弊 behave in a dishonest or deceitful way in order to win an advantage
- [C]欺骗(行为) the example or act of cheating
- [C]骗子 person who cheats
weedy annual grass often occurs in grainfields and other cultivated land; seeds sometimes considered poisonous
weedy annual native to Europe but widely distributed as a weed especially in wheat
someone who leads you to believe something that is not true
the act of swindling by some fraudulent scheme;
"that book is a fraud"
a deception for profit to yourself
deprive somebody of something by deceit;
"The con-man beat me out of $50"
"This salesman ripped us off!"
"we were cheated by their clever-sounding scheme"
"They chiseled me out of my money"
defeat someone through trickery or deceit
engage in deceitful behavior; practice trickery or fraud;
"Who's chiseling on the side?"
be sexually unfaithful to one's partner in marriage;
"She cheats on her husband"
"Might her husband be wandering?"
- We were on our honor not to cheat the customers.
- It is contemptible to cheat friends.
- They cheat the old woman of her house and money.
- I would rather fail than cheat in the examination.
- He never cheats to pass examination.
- It is just not credible that she would cheat.
- He is a shameless cheat.
- Your cheat will sooner or later find you out.
- It is wrong to cheat.
- Don't play cards with him; he always cheats.
- You never cheat during examinations, do you?
- Don't you consider it wrong to cheat in examinations?
- We won't cheat you.
- That shopkeeper cheats his customers.
- The man was arrested for having cheated people with counterfeit notes.
- I am positive that he did not for a moment feel that he was in a way cheating the store.
- Don't let yourself be cheated by these figures.
- He is not cheated who knows he is being cheated.
- The sheets I've bought are a cheat.
- He is a cheat.
- cheat at (v.+prep.)
在(比赛等)中捣鬼,作弊 play (a game) unfairly
cheat at sth
Jim said that his brother had cheated at cards.
He was asked to resign from the club when he was discovered cheating at cards.
What a shame to cheat at an examination!
- cheat into (v.+prep.)
哄骗 persuade sb by a trick into sth
cheat sb into sth/v-ing
This politician tried to cheat the people into the belief that he would work for public welfare.
He cheated her into believing him a wealthy man.
I doubt whether they are not cheating people into making the bargain sale.
He was cheated into buying the gadget.
- cheat of (v.+prep.)
- cheat on (v.+prep.)
作弊 deceive in
- cheat cleverly 聪明地欺骗
- cheat diplomatically 有策略地欺骗
- cheat flagrantly 明目张胆地欺骗
- cheat infernally 坏透了地欺骗
- cheat perpetually 经常地欺骗
- cheat shrewdly 精明地欺骗
- cheat vilely 卑鄙地欺骗
- cheat at cards 打牌作弊
- cheat at the examination 考试作弊
- cheat in an exam 考试作弊
- cheat sb into lending the money 骗…借钱
- cheat on the examination 考试作弊
- cheat with flattery 用谄媚行骗
- put a cheat upon 欺骗…
- tax cheat 偷税,漏税
After dinner..she permitted herself a game of patience, and since she never cheated, it was often ten o'clock before her game was over.出自： E. F. Benson
- cheat作“欺骗,哄骗”解时是及物动词,其宾语总是人,后可接of sth 或into sth/ v-ing 表示被骗去的东西或骗某人做某事，可用于被动结构。作“欺诈,作弊”解时,用作不及物动词,其后常跟介词in或at; 也可接介词into,介词宾语多为动名词。
- cheat, deceive, delude, fool, trick
- 1.在手段上, cheat是造假、作弊、做假动作; deceive是歪曲事实,隐瞒真相，耍两面派; delude则是指用虚伪的意见或信念欺骗。
- 2.在目的上, cheat指的是骗财、骗物、骗色,即为了谋取私利或占便宜而采取不诚实的手段进行欺骗; deceive是使人产生错误印象; delude则是使人产生错误的想法。
- 4.deceive用于被动语态的句子中或当deceive后面用反身代词时,常常强调“弄错了”的结果,不一定是有意识的欺骗; cheat则没有此用法。
- cheat, cozen, defraud, overreach, swindle
- cheat表示“欺骗,骗取”,强调使用逃避他人眼目的欺骗手段; cozen表示“欺骗,欺哄”,侧重指骗人的手腕,常含有“引诱”的意思,受骗者通常会失去对自己颇有价值的东西; defraud表示“骗取”,指夺去别人的东西,强调撒谎和歪曲事实; swindle表示“骗取”,指骗子骗取受害人的信任,进行明目张胆的夺取,或以伪装得到可以换钱的东西; overreach表示“欺骗,哄骗”,指采用不公平或不正当手段而占对手的上风,因而具有“欺骗,哄骗”的意思。