- =controlled avalanche rectifier 可控雪崩整流器
- [C]汽车,轿车 a road vehicle with usually four wheels which is driven by a motor and used as a means of travel for a small number of people
- [C](火车)车厢 a railway carriage
a motor vehicle with four wheels; usually propelled by an internal combustion engine;
"he needs a car to get to work"
a wheeled vehicle adapted to the rails of railroad;
"three cars had jumped the rails"
the compartment that is suspended from an airship and that carries personnel and the cargo and the power plant
where passengers ride up and down;
"the car was on the top floor"
a conveyance for passengers or freight on a cable railway;
"they took a cable car to the top of the mountain"
- A new type of car is on the market now.
- Repairing your car will cost a minimum of 100 dollars.
- The car in front of me stopped suddenly and I had to brake.
- This car has just been cut out from the train.
- Are you in a soft berth car or a hard berth car?
- Jacelin had so absorbed with watching the car passing by that he didn't notice his friends coming.
- You will have to block up the wheel of the car to change the tyre.
- This car exactly answers to the description of the stolen car.
- They advertised that they had a used car for sale.
- We have agreed on the price for the second-hand car.
- The driver assisted the old man out of a car.
- The traffic was so thick that a whole row of cars got blocked in.
- He wanted ￡800 for the car but I beat him down to ￡600.
- The car's engine is beginning to act up.
- A driver uses brakes to arrest his car's speed.
- His reckless driving accounted for the car accident.
- Next you must learn how to back a car into a parking space.
- I figured in our cable car tickets but forgot the bus fares.
- Before eight o'clock they arrived upon the scene by car.
- The news of the car accident astonished everybody.
- She can well afford a new car.
- He boiled over when his wife drove a car into the wall.
- Is there a sleeping car attached to the train?
- He scanned the newspaper while waiting for the passenger car.
- Some vandals had slashed the seat covers on the passenger car.
- We can guarantee the punctual arrival of the armoured cars in foggy weather.
- We don't have to fit the special air cushion car into the timetable.
- A passenger car, unable to stop in time, sliced through a bus, killed eighty passengers.
- the man in the car
老百姓 ordinary people
- back a car into a garage 把汽车倒开进车库
- bring a car to a standstill 刹车
- catch a car 赶乘汽车
- change cars at 在…换乘汽车
- crash a car 撞汽车
- drive a car 开车,驾驶汽车
- fuel a car 给汽车加燃料
- go by car 乘车去(旅行)
- gear up a car 使汽车换快挡
- hire a car 租车
- jack up a car 把车顶起
- load a car 给汽车装载
- operate a car 驾车,开车
- overhaul a car 对汽车进行检修
- own a car 拥有汽车
- park a car 停放汽车
- purchase a car 买汽车
- repair a car 修车
- ride in a car 乘汽车
- road-test a car 公路检验汽车
- service a car 维修保养车
- slow down a car 减速
- speed up a car 加速
- stop a car 停车
- take a car 乘坐汽车
- total a car 毁坏汽车
- tune up a car 调车
- turn a car around 汽车掉头
- uncouple railroad cars 分开火车的车厢
- use a car 使用汽车
- wash a car 刷洗汽车
- wreck a car 毁坏汽车
- write off a car 毁掉汽车
- broken car 破汽车
- clinic car 医疗车
- cross-country car 越野汽车
- crowded car 挤满人的汽车
- economy-size car 经济型汽车
- electric car 电车
- empty car 空车
- flat car 平板货车
- huge car 很大的汽车
- modern car 现代化的汽车
- new car 新汽车
- old car 旧汽车
- old-fashioned car 老式汽车
- open car 敞篷汽车
- private car 私人小汽车
- reconditioned car 修理好了的汽车
- used car 旧汽车
- wrecked car 被撞坏的汽车
- air cushion car 气垫车
- baby car 微型汽车
- baggage car 行李车(厢)
- box car 棚车,集装箱
- cable car 缆车
- cattle car (运)牛车
- club car 豪华客车
- combat car 装甲车
- command car 指挥车
- dining car 餐车
- drawing-room car 火车卧车中的私人车室
- family car 家用车
- mail car 邮政车
- passenger car 客车
- pleasure car 旅游车
- police car 警车
- racing car 赛车
- railroad car 火车车厢
- sleeping car 卧车,卧铺车厢
- stock car 普通汽车改装的赛车用汽车
- tank car 铁路的油槽车,槽车
- touring car 游览车
- car crash 车祸
- car for private use 私人用车
A reverent people behold The towering car, the sable steeds.出自： Tennyson
- car的基本意思是“汽车”,尤指私人小轿车,可以代替automobile,但不包括bus, taxi, truck及其他公共车辆,是可数名词。
- car的另一个意思是“(火车)车厢”, the cars可作“一列火车”解。
- car, automobile, bus, lorry, taxi, truck
- car和automobile意思相同,均指载人或载物的汽车。前者是一般用词,后者是正式用词; 前者主要用于英式英语,后者主要用于美式英语；car是车的总称，尤指私人的小轿车。bus指大型公共汽车。lorry与truck均指载货卡车。前者主要用于英式英语,后者主要用于美式英语。car在英美均可指火车车厢; truck在英国可指铁路上的敞篷货车。taxi指出租车。
- a baby car 微型汽车
- a baby's car 儿童小汽车
- drive a car 驾驶汽车
- drive in a car 搭乘汽车
误 Are you going back by taxi or by your friend's car?
正 Are you going back by taxi or in your friend's car?
析 表示“乘小汽车”可以用by car,但是,当car前有了修饰语时,即特指时就应该用介词in。
- ☆ 直接源自英国法语的carre；最初源自中古拉丁语的carra，意为汽车，车厢。