- vt. 令人厌烦 make (sb) tired and uninterested by being dull or tedious
- vt. & vi. 挖,掘,钻,开凿(洞、井、隧道等) make (a hole, well, tunnel, etc.) with a revolving toll or by digging
- [C]令人讨厌的人〔事物〕,麻烦 person or thing that bores; nuisance
- a person who evokes boredom
- a high wave (often dangerous) caused by tidal flow (as by colliding tidal currents or in a narrow estuary)
- diameter of a tube or gun barrel
- a hole or passage made by a drill; usually made for exploratory purposes
- cause to be bored
- make a hole, especially with a pointed power or hand tool;
"don't drill here, there's a gas pipe"
"drill a hole into the wall"
"drill for oil"
"carpenter bees are boring holes into the wall"
- He bored us all by talking for hours about his new house.
- They are going to bore a tunnel through this mountain.
- This drill can bore through rock.
- Worms have bored into the wood.
- The mole bored (its way) underground.
- His blue eyes seemed to bore into her.
- He was making a bore of himself.
- She has become an awful bore since she got married to him.
- It's a bore having to go out again.
- Place the relief valve seat back into the chamber bore.
This drill can bore through the rock.
I enjoy your company, but your brother bores me.
The mole bored its way underground.
I hope you're not getting bored by my words.
She is getting bored with her job.
Don't be such a bore.
I found her a bore.
They've run out of food.What a bore!
Did you find the concert a bore?
Doing housework is a real bore.
- bore to death〔tear〕
令人极度厌烦 bore sb intensely bore sb to death〔tear〕
The politician's speech bored the crowd to death.这个政客的演讲使听众厌烦得要死。用于 be ～ed 结构
There is so much noise and she was bored to death.嘈杂声太大,她烦死了。
- 令人极度厌烦 bore sb intensely bore sb to death〔tear〕
- bore on 前进
Frighted rattons..seek the benmost bore.出自：R. Burns
The Major yawned without an attempt to hide the fact that he was bored.出自：G. A. Birmingham
Perhaps Italy bores him; you ought to try the Alps or the Lakes.出自：E. M. Forster
We were prepared to consult with de Gaulle's government until it bored them to tears.出自：D. Rusk
- bored, boring, dull
这几个词的词意有区别:boring是bore的现在分词转化成的形容词,表示“令人厌烦的”,主语可以是人,也可以是物; bored是bore的过去分词转化成的形容词,表示“感到厌倦的”,主语通常是人; dull指物意为“乏味的,无趣的”,指人意为“愚笨的,迟钝的”。
- bore:bore n. 令人讨厌的人, 怒潮, 枪膛, 孔v. 使烦扰, 钻孔钻孔…