a statute in draft before it becomes law
an itemized statement of money owed for goods shipped or services rendered
a piece of paper money (especially one issued by a central bank)
the entertainment offered at a public presentation
an advertisement (usually printed on a page or in a leaflet) intended for wide distribution
a sign posted in a public place as an advertisement
a list of particulars (as a playbill or bill of fare)
a long-handled saw with a curved blade
a brim that projects to the front to shade the eyes
horny projecting mouth of a bird
advertise especially by posters or placards
publicize or announce by placards
- Many bills were entered against her accounts.
- Yesterday I got my gas and water bills.
- Cash registers have compartments for bills of different denominations.
- American coins and bills have been specifically designed to confuse natives of other nations.
- Bills can be easily discounted in London.
- Discounting Bills of Exchange is a way of lending and borrowing money.
- But the bills failed to gain opposition support.
- Not all bills require the formation of Bills Committees.