- vi. 吼叫
- vt. 大声喝道
- n. 吼叫声；风箱，鼓风机，鼓风匣子
- vi. 发出吼叫声；咆哮 make a deep loud noise like a bull;roar,especially with pain
- vt. & vi. 说出；大叫 say (sth) loudly or angrily;shout
a very loud utterance (like the sound of an animal);
"his bellow filled the hallway"
United States author (born in Canada) whose novels influenced American literature after World War II (1915-2005)
shout loudly and without restraint
make a loud noise, as of animal;
"The bull bellowed"
- During the summer both male and female alligators bellow to catch the attention of the opposite sex.
- After a while the bull began to bellow in pain.
- She bellowed with pain.
- They bellowed at her to stop but it was too late.
- He bellowed before the dentist had even started.
- The man bellowed a laugh.
- He bellowed his answer.
- The coach bellowed instructions from the sideline.
- He bellowed that he would never take back his words.
- bellow out (v.+adv.)
(愤怒地)说出；大叫say loudly or angrily;shout
The wounded lion bellowed out.
The bull has been bellowing out all morning.
公牛整个上午大吼不止。bellow sth ⇔ out
They bellowed out a laugh.
They bellowed out a song.
Finally, he bellowed out a famous poem.
- bellow with (v.+prep.)
bellow with sth
He bellowed with pain when the tooth was pulled out.
- bellow the answer 大声回答
Not fit for that liberty which they..bellowed for.出自： Milton
And Ocean bellow from his rocky shore.出自： Wordsworth
- bellow还可指人“大声吼叫，愤怒地说出”，可用作及物动词，接所说出的内容(sth,that-clause,speech)作宾语，表示“对某人吼叫〔说〕”须说at sb。
- bellow out意为“（愤怒地）说出”；bellow with意为“因…而吼叫”。
- roar 吼叫
- shout 呼喊
- yell 大叫
- thunder 雷
- bawl 大叫
- holler 叫喊
- trumpet 喇叭
- howl 长嚎
- bark (狗)吠
- roaring 风哮雨嚎的
- holla 喂之叫声
- yowl 号叫
- hollo 喂! 喂喂地叫喊...
- holloa 喂! V 喂喂地叫...
- hollering 动词holler的现在进...
- bellowing 动词bellow的现在进...
- above 超过