- adj. 自治的
- 自治的; 有自治权的 able to govern itself or control its own affairs
- 自主的; 有自主权的 (of a person)able to do things and make decisions without help from anyone else
(of political bodies) not controlled by outside forces;
"an autonomous judiciary"
"a sovereign state"
existing as an independent entity;
"the partitioning of India created two separate and autonomous jute economies"
(of persons) free from external control and constraint in e.g. action and judgment
- Each of the U.S. states has an autonomous government.
- The former Soviet Union is formed of several autonomous republic.
- Each of the 50 US states has an autonomous government that runs that state.
- The majority of Scots favour an autonomous Scotland involving devolution or complete independence.
- The full name of Xinjiang is Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region.
- This island is a colony; however, in most matters, it is autonomous and receives no orders from the mother country.
- This African country has become independent and autonomous.
- The local groups are autonomous of the national organization.
At Helsingfors the Finnish Senate..declared Finland autonomous, and demanded the withdrawal of Russian troops.出自： J. Reed
Consciousness is absolutely autonomous: its decision alone determines whether a given sensum or emotion shall be attended to or not.出自： R. G. Collingwood
English might almost as well announce that it does not regard itself as entirely autonomous, but as a branch of the department of history.出自： J. C. Ransom
- autonomous是与autonomy同根的名词,其含义是“自治的; 有自治权的”“自主的; 有自主权的”。
- autonomously adv. 自治地,自主地