- n. 暴行；残暴
- [C][U](尤指战争中的)残暴行为 terrible, cruel and violent act, especially in a war
the quality of being shockingly cruel and inhumane
an act of atrocious cruelty
- People were annoyed by his atrocity.
- This atrocity shocked the world opinion.
- I am shocked by the atrocity of this man's crimes.
- The enemy committed atrocities against the civilian population.
- The invading army committed many atrocities on innocent women and children.
- The new library building is an atrocity.
- Many atrocities are committed on innocent people in wartime.
- They were guilty of the most barbarous and inhuman atrocities.
They desired justice might be done upon offenders, as the atrocity of their crimes deserved.出自： Clarendon
- atrocious adj. 糟透的,十分讨厌的; 残暴的,凶恶的