- 超前的,先进的 new and not yet generally accepted
- 高级的,高等的 not elementary
- farther along in physical or mental development;
"the child's skeletal age was classified as `advanced'"
"children in the advanced classes in elementary school read far above grade average"
- comparatively late in a course of development;
"the illness had reached an advanced stage"
"an advanced state of exhaustion"
- ahead of the times;
"the advanced teaching methods"
"had advanced views on the subject"
"a forward-looking corporation"
"is British industry innovative enough?"
- at a higher level in training or knowledge or skill;
"an advanced degree"
"an advanced text in physics"
"special seminars for small groups of advanced students at the University"
- ahead in development; complex or intricate;
"a sophisticated electronic control system"
- far along in time;
"a man of advanced age"
"advanced in years"
"a ripe old age"
"the ripe age of 90"
- (of societies) highly developed especially in technology or industry;
"an advanced country technologically"
- situated ahead or going before;
"an advance party"
"at that time the most advanced outpost was still east of the Rockies"
- England is an advanced industrial country.
- The ancient Egyptians had advanced civilization.
- Our bean curd processing line is the most advanced and well- know in the world.
- The regent carried out an advanced system in his country.
- The professor is engaged in advanced studies.
- The businessmen prefer a bit more advanced style.
- There were only three of us on the advanced course.
- This advanced learner's dictionary is very helpful.
We should learn their advanced experience in management from them.
They're going to start an advanced course in English at that institute.
She died in an advanced age.
He was suffering from cancer which had already reached an advanced stage.
His ideas are advanced, and only a few people could understand him.
My views are too advanced for her.
He was advanced in years.
The equipment is well advanced in technique.
His tuberculosis was far advanced that he could not be cured.
- advanced age 高龄
- advanced cancer 晚期癌症
- advanced courses 高级课程
- advanced experience 先进的经验
- advanced political ideas 标新立异的政见
- advanced in years 年事已高
The day was already well advanced.出自：P. G. Wodehouse
Everybody thinks sosthe most advanced people.出自：Scott Fitzgerald
- 区别advanced和progressive，前者意为“高级的”，后者意为“向前进的”。an advanced course in English指“一个高级英语课程”，a progressive course in English指“一个循序渐进的英语课程”，但是在表达“先进的”意思时，必须用advanced。
- advanced的基本意思是“超前的,先进的”,指新的尚未被普遍接受的; 也可指“高级的,高等的”; advanced还可指“年迈的”,引申可指“后阶段的”。
- advanced, advance
advance和advanced的区别在于：1.在词义上, advance表示“预先的”“在前头的”; 而advanced则表示“先进的”“高级的”。2.advanced可以用作定语,间或可用作表语,习惯接介词in; 而advance只能用作定语,不能用作表语。例如：Most people find her advanced ideas difficult to accept.多数人发现她那些先进的思想是难以接受的。My views are too advanced for her to accept.我的观点对她来说太先进了,她无法接受。He was advanced in years.他年事已高。We have given them advance warning.我们已向他们预先发出警告了。3.advanced可以有比较级和最高级,即more advanced(更先进的); most advanced (最先进的)。
- advanced, progressive
- advanced:简介Advanced X Video Converter 是一款功能实用的 Windows 视频工具，它使得在 AVI(DivX、XviD、MPEG-4……)、MPEG(MPEG1、MPEG2)、WM…