- 超前的,先进的 new and not yet generally accepted
- 高级的,高等的 not elementary
farther along in physical or mental development;
"the child's skeletal age was classified as `advanced'"
"children in the advanced classes in elementary school read far above grade average"
comparatively late in a course of development;
"the illness had reached an advanced stage"
"an advanced state of exhaustion"
ahead of the times;
"the advanced teaching methods"
"had advanced views on the subject"
"a forward-looking corporation"
"is British industry innovative enough?"
at a higher level in training or knowledge or skill;
"an advanced degree"
"an advanced text in physics"
"special seminars for small groups of advanced students at the University"
ahead in development; complex or intricate;
"a sophisticated electronic control system"
far along in time;
"a man of advanced age"
"advanced in years"
"a ripe old age"
"the ripe age of 90"
(of societies) highly developed especially in technology or industry;
"an advanced country technologically"
situated ahead or going before;
"an advance party"
"at that time the most advanced outpost was still east of the Rockies"
- England is an advanced industrial country.
- The ancient Egyptians had advanced civilization.
- Our bean curd processing line is the most advanced and well- know in the world.
- The regent carried out an advanced system in his country.
- The professor is engaged in advanced studies.
- The businessmen prefer a bit more advanced style.
- There were only three of us on the advanced course.
- This advanced learner's dictionary is very helpful.
- We should learn their advanced experience in management from them.
- They're going to start an advanced course in English at that institute.
- She died in an advanced age.
- He was suffering from cancer which had already reached an advanced stage.
- His ideas are advanced, and only a few people could understand him.
- My views are too advanced for her.
- He was advanced in years.
- The equipment is well advanced in technique.
- His tuberculosis was far advanced that he could not be cured.
- advanced age 高龄
- advanced cancer 晚期癌症
- advanced courses 高级课程
- advanced experience 先进的经验
- advanced political ideas 标新立异的政见
- advanced in years 年事已高
The day was already well advanced.出自： P. G. Wodehouse
Everybody thinks sosthe most advanced people.出自： Scott Fitzgerald
- advanced的基本意思是“超前的,先进的”,指新的尚未被普遍接受的; 也可指“高级的,高等的”; advanced还可指“年迈的”,引申可指“后阶段的”。
- 区别advanced和progressive，前者意为“高级的”，后者意为“向前进的”。an advanced course in English指“一个高级英语课程”，a progressive course in English指“一个循序渐进的英语课程”，但是在表达“先进的”意思时，必须用advanced。
- advanced, advance
- 1.在词义上, advance表示“预先的”“在前头的”; 而advanced则表示“先进的”“高级的”。
- 2.advanced可以用作定语,间或可用作表语,习惯接介词in; 而advance只能用作定语,不能用作表语。例如：
- Most people find her advanced ideas difficult to accept.多数人发现她那些先进的思想是难以接受的。
- My views are too advanced for her to accept.我的观点对她来说太先进了,她无法接受。
- He was advanced in years.他年事已高。
- We have given them advance warning.我们已向他们预先发出警告了。
- 3.advanced可以有比较级和最高级,即more advanced(更先进的); most advanced (最先进的)。
- advanced, progressive
- 这两个词均可表示“先进的”。advanced可指在发展过程中早已超出初级阶段或平均水平、普通状态等; 而progressive多指与落后相对而言的先进,还没达到平均水平、普通状态等。