- vi. 渴望,切盼,向往 long for or desire
desire strongly or persistently
have a desire for something or someone who is not present;
"She ached for a cigarette"
"I am pining for my lover"
have affection for; feel tenderness for
- He yearned to return to his native land.
- He yearned for a sight of the old, familiar faces.
- The child yearns much toward his friends.
- They yearned for his return.
- Her heart yearned for the starving, homeless children.
- Is it not in the nature of all human beings to yearn for freedom?
- She yearned to go back to the south.
- yearn for 渴望
Phil Mansen was reputed to have a yearn for attractive ladies.出自： N. Mailer
An agony of loneliness made me..yearn for company.出自： D. du Maurier
The boy yearns to be like his idealized father.出自： B. Spock
Urbaal lay..dreaming of the slave girl whom he yearned for with such passion.出自： J. A. Michener
Betty was beginning to pine and to yearn after Beuno.出自： A. T. Ellis
- yearn, long, pine
- 1.pine暗示苦苦思念不可能得到的事物; long暗示有强烈的愿望并付诸努力; yearn则暗示不安地或痛苦地渴望做到某事或得到某物。
- My brother yearned to return to his native land.我哥哥渴望回故乡。