cause to happen or to occur as a consequence;
"I cannot work a miracle"
"play a joke"
"The rain brought relief to the drought-stricken area"
- Timid people always wreak their peevishness on the gentle.
- I am determined to wreak vengeance on John.
- The survivor is determined to wreak her revenge on the murderer of her family .
- The earthquake wreaked havoc on the city.
- The wind will wreak havoc on my garden.
No creature is more..feruent to take wreak than is the Bee when he is wrath.出自： S. Batman
The dwarf..wanting somebody to wreak his ill-humour upon.出自： Dickens
In the education of her child, the mother's enthusiasm of thought had something to wreak itself upon.出自： N. Hawthorne
Bulldozers..monsters unleashed to wreak their mechanical will upon the London clay.出自： P. Lively