- [C] 路,道,街,径 place for walking, travelling, etc. along; path, road, street, etc.
- [C] 方向 (in a specified) direction
- [C] 方法,方式,手段 method, style or manner of doing sth
- [C] 习俗,作风 chosen, desired or habitual behaviour, custom or manner
- [C] 距离 distance (to be travelled) between two points
- [C] 附近,周围 area near a place; neighbourhood
- [C] 某方面 particular aspect of sth; respect
- 远远地,大大地 very far
how something is done or how it happens;
"her dignified manner"
"his rapid manner of talking"
"their nomadic mode of existence"
"in the characteristic New York style"
"a lonely way of life"
"in an abrasive fashion"
how a result is obtained or an end is achieved;
"a means of control"
"an example is the best agency of instruction"
"the true way to success"
a line leading to a place or point;
"he looked the other direction"
"didn't know the way home"
the condition of things generally;
"that's the way it is"
"I felt the same way"
a course of conduct;
"the path of virtue"
"we went our separate ways"
"our paths in life led us apart"
"genius usually follows a revolutionary path"
any artifact consisting of a road or path affording passage from one place to another;
"he said he was looking for the way out"
a journey or passage;
"they are on the way"
space for movement;
"room to pass"
"make way for"
"hardly enough elbow room to turn around"
the property of distance in general;
"it's a long way to Moscow"
"he went a long ways"
doing as one pleases or chooses;
"if I had my way"
a general category of things; used in the expression `in the way of';
"they didn't have much in the way of clothing"
a portion of something divided into shares;
"they split the loot three ways"
to a great degree or by a great distance; very much (`right smart' is regional in the United States);
"way over budget"
"way off base"
"the other side of the hill is right smart steeper than the side we are on"
- I am on my way to the grocery store.
- We lost the way in the dark.
- He asked me the way to London.
- He tried in every way to verify this theory.
- She showed them the way to do it.
- Reading is a good way to unwind.
- It's not my way to leave anything half done.
- Do not form an undisciplined way of life.
- I don't like the way she speaks.
- I'm sorry it should be this way.
- Look both ways before crossing the road.
- Make sure that the sign's the right way up.
- I was looking the other way when the goal was scored.
- They escaped out the back way.
- We are a long way from the coast.
- The summer holiday is still far a long way off.
- I think they live on Birmingham way.
- I may be able to help you in some way.
- It is an excellent novel in every way.
- He's been in a bad way ever since the operation.
- I have lost my job for three months,so I am in a bad way.
- I don't know how we're going to manage,the way things are.
- It seems like I'm always way too busy with work.
- His ideas were way ahead of his time.
- She finished the race way ahead of the other runners.
- all the way
一路上,一直; 完全 the whole distance; completely
- always the way
总是这样 what always happens
- by the way
顺便地,附带说说 used to introduce a comment or question that is only indirectly related, if at all, to the main subject of conversation
- by way of
意在,为了 with the intention of or for the purpose ofBy way of introduction to my subject,I'd like to tell you how I first came to be interested in it.为了引入我的话题,我想告诉你我起初是怎样对这个问题感兴趣的。
- come sb's way
发生或来到某人处 occur or present itself to one
- every which way
四面八方,上下左右 in every direction; all over the place
- get〔have〕 one's own way
为所欲为 get or do what one wants, often in spite of opposition
- give way (to)
被代替 be replaced by sthThe storm gave way to bright sunshine.暴风雨过后出现了灿烂的阳光。
- go one's own way
按自己的意愿行事 act independently or as one chooses, especially against the advice of others
- go out of one's way
特意不怕麻烦做某事 take particular care and trouble to do sth
- go sb's way
对某人有利 be favourable to sbThings certainly seem to be going our way.看来事情确实对我们有利。
- have it both ways
两全其美,两者兼得 gain advantage from each of two opposing opinions or actions
- have it one's own way
为所欲为 have what one wants, especially by imposing one's will on others
- in a big way
大规模 on a large scale
- in a way
在某种程度上 to a certain extent but not entirely
- in the way
造成不便或阻碍 causing inconvenience or an obstruction
- look the other way
避而不看某人 avoid seeing sb/sth, deliberately or by chance
- make one's way
走,行走,前进 go (forward)
- make way
让开,让路,让位 get out of sb's path; provide the necessary space
- no way
绝不 under no circumstances or by no means
- on one's/the way
在路上 in the process of going or coming
- on the way out
渐渐过时 going out of fashion or favour; becoming obsoleteLook at her face! Doesn't she know that thick black eyeliner is on the way out?瞧她的脸!她难道不知道涂那厚厚的黑色描眼膏已过时了?
- one way and another
考虑到各个方面 considering various aspects of the matter together
- one way or another
不管怎样 considering everything
- out of the way
异常的,罕见的,不普通的 exceptional; uncommonHe has done nothing out of the way yet.他倒还没干出离谱的事。
- put in the way of
使(某人)有机会做(某事) give sb the chance of doing〔getting〕 sth
put sb in the way of sth
He put me in the way of a job.
- see one's way to
觉得可能 find that it is possible or convenient to do sth
see one's way to v-ing
I cannot see my way clear to finishing the work this year.
I don't see my way clear to recommending you for the job.
Could you see your way to lending me ￡10 for a couple of days?
- stand in sb's way
阻止某人做某事 prevent sb from doing sth
- the other way round
与料想的相反 the opposite of what is expected or supposed
- under way
启航 start to move through the waterThe great ship got under way.大船启航了。
- way of life
生活方式 normal pattern of social or working life of a person or group
- work one's way
半工半读 have a paid job while one is a student
- work one's way through
从头到尾做 do sth from beginning to end
- work one's way up
获提升,晋级 be promoted from a low grade to a high one
- way back
很久以前 a long time ago
- ask the way 问路
- bar sb's way 妨碍某人通行
- break down old way 破除旧习
- clear the way 扫清道路,让路
- cut out one's way 开辟道路
- feel one's way 摸索着前进,小心从事
- fight one's way forward 奋勇前进,闯出前进的道路
- find a way out 找到出路,发现出路
- go one's way 出发,动身,离去
- know the way to 知道到…的路
- lead the way 带路,引路,示范
- lose one's way 迷路
- make way 让路,前进
- make one's way in life 事业有所成就
- open the way 开辟道路
- pave the way for 为…铺平道路
- pick one's way through 谨慎地走过…
- point the way 指路
- stand in the way of 阻碍,妨碍
- wind one's way 蜿蜒前进
- work one's way through...(to) 在…中缓慢吃力地行进(至)
- worm one's way 小心缓慢地行进
- adopt a way 采用一种方式
- appreciate a way of 欣赏…方法〔手段〕
- change the way of 改变…方法〔方式〕
- have a way with 对…有办法
- show sb the way 给某人指出路
- suggest a way of 提出…方法
- think out a way 想出个办法
- cut both ways (议论、行为等)对双方都起作用,模棱两可
- find one's way 达到目的
- gain one's way 达到目的
- get one's own way 自主行事,随心所欲
- get under way 开始进行,开始
- give way 撤退,让步,屈服,(身体)垮掉
- go all the way 完全一致
- go one's own way 独立行动,一意孤行
- go out of one's way 特地,想尽办法
- have a way for 特别喜欢,极爱
- have one's (own) way 随心所欲,为所欲为
- know one's way around 熟悉业务
- mend one's ways 改过自新
- pay one's way 支付应承担的费用,勉强维持
- put oneself out of the way 牺牲自己以助他人
- see one's way 能够,愿意
- take one's own way 独自行动,一意孤行
- win one's way 取得成功
- evil ways 邪路
- permanent way 铁路
- separate ways 不同的路
- shortest way 最近的路
- accustomed way 习惯的方式
- arterial way 干线
- backhanded way 转弯抹角的说法
- brief way 简短的陈述
- careless way 粗心大意的习惯
- charming ways 讨人喜欢的方式
- common way 通常方式
- different ways 不同的方向
- easy way 容易的方法
- effective way 有效的方法
- familiar way 熟悉的方法,常用的方法
- foreign ways 外国的风俗
- good way 好方法
- modern way 现代的方法
- proper way 正确的方式
- right way 正确的方式
- wrong way 错误的方式
- by way of 经由,作为,当作
- by way of apology 作为道歉
- by way of example 作为例子
- by the way 顺便提一下
- in a way 在某种程度上
- in a big way 隆重地
- in a certain way 在某一方面
- in a small way 小规模地,节俭地
- in every way 在各方面
- in no way 没有任何一点,绝不
- in the way 挡道的,碍事的
- in the family way 怀孕
- in the poor way 不景气
- in this way 这样
- on the way 在路上
- on the way out 即将过时
- on the way to the airport 去机场的路上
- out of harm's way 受不到伤害的地方
- out of the way 不挡道,不妨碍人,偏僻的
- under way 在进行中
- the way into 进入…的路
- the way into the park 进公园的路
- the way out of 出…的路
- the way out of the city 出城的路
- the way out of this building 出这幢楼的路
- the way out of this mess 摆脱这困境的路
- the way to freedom 奔向自由的道路
- the way to success 成功的道路
- the way to the station 去车站的路
- the way of life 生活方式
- the way of talking 讲话方式
- the way of trade 做生意的方式
- the way to sb's heart 对某人十分称心的做法〔方式〕
In winter, when the ways were bad and the nights long.出自： Ld Macaulay
In among the silver birches winding ways of tarmac wander.出自： J. Betjeman
The Pennine Way..goes from Edale in Derbyshire..to Teesdale.出自：Daily Mail
But, in the beaten way of friendship, what make you at Elsinore?出自：Hamlet , Shakespeare
The three men had become mere specks, 'way down the road.出自： Baroness Orczy
They live way up top.出自： H. Kurnitz
It's late, Holmes, way after eleven.出自： K. Hulme
The country's always been way ahead in industrial..development.出自： N. Gordimer