properties acquired during a person's formative years
helping someone grow up to be an accepted member of the community;
"they debated whether nature or nurture was more important"
- He owed his success to the good upbringing he had.
- We have all been conditioned by our upbringing.
- A man is what his environment and upbringing make him.
- It is generally accepted that the upbringing of the child within the home is closely related to the education of the child in school.
- Upbringing plays an important part in determining a person's character.
- I am just as proud of my American upbringing as I am of my Chinese appearance.
A control group..chosen as having similar upbringings..was examined.出自： M. T. Tsuang
Given her background and upbringing..she would take the notion of the religious life seriously.出自： A. N. Wilson