elegance by virtue of fineness of manner and expression
the result of good upbringing (especially knowledge of correct social behavior);
"a woman of breeding and refinement"
helping someone grow up to be an accepted member of the community;
"they debated whether nature or nurture was more important"
the production of animals or plants by inbreeding or hybridization
the sexual activity of conceiving and bearing offspring
producing offspring or set aside especially for producing offspring;
"the breeding population"
"retained a few bulls for breeding purposes"
- The priest is a person of fine breeding.
- He likes his wilderness to be peopled by men of breeding.
- Earthworms stop breeding some time before they die.
- Female seals are needed for the breeding programme.
- A special treat is the peculiar courting display of the breeding American Woodcocks during the evening in late March.
- The modern-day dressage horse is definitely of the lighter type, with more thoroughbred breeding within its pedigree.
- Breeding hamsters is an even harder job.
- So was it also for the breeding kennels of East Germany.
- breeding ground 滋生地
- line breeding 品系繁育
- breed 繁殖
- cross-breeding 进行杂交育种,杂交...
- cross-breed 杂种(动)
- closed breeding 闭锁育种
- breeding season 繁育季节,繁殖期...
- directive breeding 定向培育
- breeding stock 种畜
- breeding station 配种站
- artificial breeding 人工授精,人工配种...
- breeding area 繁殖区
- cattle breeding 畜牧
- close breeding 杂交育种
- breeding gain 增殖增益
- slow breeding 配种多次后受精的...
- poultry breeding 家禽饲养
- breeding pond 苗种池
- breeding ratio 增殖比
- breeding rate 繁殖率,配种率...
He knew himself to be of a breeding altogether more esthetic and sensitive than Thompson's.出自： S. Lewis