not sympathetic or disposed toward;
"people unsympathetic to the revolution"
"his dignity made him seem aloof and unsympathetic"
(of characters in literature or drama) tending to evoke antipathetic feelings;
"all the characters were peculiarly unsympathetic"
not having an open mind;
"a closed mind unreceptive to new ideas"
lacking in sympathy and kindness;
not agreeing with your tastes or expectations;
"found the task disagreeable and decided to abandon it"
"a job temperamentally unsympathetic to him"
- By nature he is not an unsympathetic man.
- His face assumed an expression as unsympathetic as remote.
- Paddy is an unsympathetic and feelingless man.
- The authorities were unsympathetic, but he expected that.
- British law is broadly unsympathetic to such notions.
- At this first appearance in a starring role, he was hissed off by an unsympathetic audience.
Deep divisions with his family, who were unsympathetic towards his liaison with Fanny.出自： J. Calder
Unsympathetic improvements [to a house] could actually reduce value.出自：Which?
- unfeeling 无情的
- apathetic 缺乏感情的
- relentless 冷酷无情的
- impassive 无感情的
- chill (使)变冷
- glacial 冰川(期)的
- unfriendly 不友好的
- intolerant 不能容忍的
- stony 石头的
- uncaring 不关注的
- insensitive 不敏感的
- cold 冷的
- indifferent 漠不关心的
- heartless 无情的
- hard 硬的
- cruel 残酷的
- unconcerned 不关心的
- unkindly 不和善的
- closed 关闭的
- unlikable 不讨喜的
- unlikeable 不讨喜的
- unappealing 不能打动人的...
- disagreeable 不愉快的
- sympathetic 同情的