- adj. 漠不关心的；无关紧要的；平凡的；中立的
- [P]不关心的,冷淡的; 中立的 having no interest in sb/sth; not caring about sb/sth; neither or nor against sb/sth
- 较差的,平庸的 of rather low quality or ability
marked by a lack of interest;
"an apathetic audience"
"the universe is neither hostile nor friendly; it is simply indifferent"
showing no care or concern in attitude or action;
"indifferent to the sufferings of others"
"indifferent to her plea"
(usually followed by `to') unwilling or refusing to pay heed;
"deaf to her warnings"
(often followed by `to') lacking importance; not mattering one way or the other;
"whether you choose to do it or not is a matter that is quite immaterial (or indifferent)"
"what others think is altogether indifferent to him"
fairly poor to not very good;
"has an indifferent singing voice"
"has indifferent qualifications for the job"
having only a limited ability to react chemically; chemically inactive;
"an indifferent chemical in a reaction"
marked by no especial liking or dislike or preference for one thing over another;
"indifferent about which book you would give them"
"was indifferent to their acceptance or rejection of her invitation"
characterized by a lack of partiality;
"a properly indifferent jury"
"an unbiasgoted account of her family problems"
being neither good nor bad;
"an indifferent performance"
"a gifted painter but an indifferent actor"
"her work at the office is passable"
"a so-so golfer"
"feeling only so-so"
"prepared a tolerable dinner"
"a tolerable working knowledge of French"
neither too great nor too little;
"a couple of indifferent hills to climb"
- He is indifferent to the result of the exam.
- She seems indifferent, but deep down she's very pleased.
- Many one or little one is indifferent to me.
- It was utterly indifferent to her who he was.
- I'm an indifferent cook.
- He remains indifferent in the dispute.
- He is an indifferent cook.
- She is an indifferent teacher.
- His manner was cold and indifferent.
- Her English is indifferent.
- We can't remain indifferent in this dispute.
- I was so excited to see snow that I was indifferent to the cold.
- He was indifferent with his appearance.
- remain indifferent 保持中立,保持冷淡
They dare not go before an impartial judge and indifferent jury.出自： H. P. Brougham