- n. 时间；时代；时期；倍；次数；节拍
- v. 为…安排时间；计时；[体]在某一时刻击球
- adj. 时间的；定时的；分期（付款）的；定期的
an instance or single occasion for some event;
"this time he succeeded"
"he called four times"
"he could do ten at a clip"
a period of time considered as a resource under your control and sufficient to accomplish something;
"take time to smell the roses"
"I didn't have time to finish"
"it took more than half my time"
an indefinite period (usually marked by specific attributes or activities);
"he waited a long time"
"the time of year for planting"
"he was a great actor in his time"
a suitable moment;
"it is time to go"
the continuum of experience in which events pass from the future through the present to the past
a person's experience on a particular occasion;
"he had a time holding back the tears"
"they had a good time together"
a reading of a point in time as given by a clock;
"do you know what time it is?"
"the time is 10 o'clock"
the fourth coordinate that is required (along with three spatial dimensions) to specify a physical event
rhythm as given by division into parts of equal duration
the period of time a prisoner is imprisoned;
"he served a prison term of 15 months"
"his sentence was 5 to 10 years"
"he is doing time in the county jail"
measure the time or duration of an event or action or the person who performs an action in a certain period of time;
"he clocked the runners"
assign a time for an activity or event;
"The candidate carefully timed his appearance at the disaster scene"
set the speed, duration, or execution of;
"we time the process to manufacture our cars very precisely"
regulate or set the time of;
"time the clock"
adjust so that a force is applied and an action occurs at the desired time;
"The good player times his swing so as to hit the ball squarely"
- Only time will tell if you are right.
- Reading occupies most of my free time.
- I referred to my watch for the exact time.
- Closing time at this pub is eleven o' clock.
- She is the most progressive writer of the time.
- Sugar is under allocation during war time.
- It was the happiest time in his wife .
- The room is three times larger than that one.
- He failed his driving test five times.
- Three-fourths meter is waltz time.
- The syncopated music for this dance in4/4 time.
- The experienced car racer can always time his start to perfection.
- To time a race is to see how long it takes.
- This egg is hard---you didn't time it properly.
- He timed that shot beautifully.
- The earth is divided into 24 time zones.
- The heating is on a time switch.
- The police defected a time bomb in the building.
- a time payment
- a time loan
- This time draft will fall due at the end of this year.
- time after time 屡次
- in time 及时，按时，适时...
- time and again 多次
- in good time 及时地
- against time 争分夺秒(赶时间...
- at a time 每次
- for the time being 暂时，目前，眼下...
- from time to time 有时
- all the time 一直，始终
- at the same time 同时
- on time 准时
- the whole time 全部时间(自始至终)...
- time and a half 一倍半的工资...
- many a time 屡次
- the time of one's life 一生中的得意时代...
- keep time 合拍子
- in no time 立即，马上
- access time 存取时间
- behind the times 落在时代后面的(过时...
- at times 有时
Annette..was absent a considerable time.出自： A. Radcliffe
I will lead you to Finisterre in no time.出自： G. Borrow
All times of mental progress are times of confusion.出自： B. Jowett
For some time I stood as one enchanted in the middle of the room.出自： I. Murdoch
The time taken had been half a minute.出自： W. Trevor
I would time the moment that she left..so as to meet her.出自： C. Chaplin
- occasion 场合
- age 年龄
- period 一段时间
- rhythm 节奏
- era 纪元
- measure 措施
- tempo 拍子
- clock 时钟
- duration 持续时间
- spell 拼写
- term 学期
- meter 公尺
- opportunity 机会
- generation 代
- epoch 时期
- opening 开口
- interval 间隔
- chance 可能性
- while 当 ... 的时候...
- sentence 句子
- day 白天
- year 年
- run 跑
- stage 舞台
- century 百年
- count 计算
- calculate 计算
- record 唱片
- schedule 时间表，日程...
- program 节目
- programme 方案
- timetable 时间表
- plan 计划
- date 日期
- instance 例子
- clip 夹住
- clock time 时钟时间
- prison term 刑期
- metre 米
- fourth dimension 第四维
- space 空间