- conj. 当 ... 的时候；虽然；尽管；然而
- n. 一段时间；一会儿
- v. 消磨
- 在…期间,当…的时候; 与…同时 during the time that; at the same as
- 虽然,尽管 although
- 而,然而 and then
- [S] (一段)时间 (period of) time
a period of indeterminate length (usually short) marked by some action or condition;
"he was here for a little while"
"I need to rest for a piece"
"a spell of good weather"
"a patch of bad weather"
- I lived in a hostel while I was a student.
- While Mary was writing a letter, the children were playing outside.
- In a word, while the prospects are bright, the road has twists and turns.
- While I admit that there are problems, I don't agree that they cannot be solved.
- I haven't seen him for a long while.
- She worked in a bank for a while before studying law.
- Before I eat dinner,I read newspaper for a while
- A detective story helps to while away the time.
- I didn't know how to while away my tedium.
- all the while
一直,始终from begin to end
- once in a while
- while the going is good 乘情况有利时...
- all the while 一直
- while away the time 消磨时光
- make hay while the sun shines <谚>趁晴晒草...
- the while 同时(在那期间)...
- once in a while 偶尔
- after a while 过一回儿
- a good while 长久
- go while the going's good 及时离开
- all this while 这一阵子
- going 去
- Strike while the iron is hot. 趁热打铁。
- driving while intoxicated 酒后驾驶
- for a while 暂时
- a long while 长久(好久)
- a little while 一会儿
- worth while 值得的
- swap horses while crossing crossing a stream 在渡河中途换马...
- every once in a while 间或
- pay the piper while others call the tune 一人担负费用...
The refrigerator..would take a while to get cold.出自： S. Bellow
This rain's with us for a while yet.出自： J. Higgins
I was home for a brief while in the summer.出自： G. Swift
To while away the heavy hours, they told each other stories.出自： G. Swift
He was happily whiling away the evenings by reading aloud.出自： G. Daly
The Bulgarians have stopped people coming over for the period while I am here.出自：Guardian