- 厚的,粗的 of relatively great distance or of a specified distance between opposite surfaces or sides
- 稠密的,密集的,茂密的 have a large number of units close together
- 浓的,黏稠的 (of a liquid or paste) relatively stiff in consistency; not flowing easily
- 不清澈的,混浊的,浓的 (of a vapour or the atmosphere) not clear; dense
- 很明显的,重的; 不清楚的 very noticeable; not clear in sound
- [P]充满的,布满的 full of; covered with
- [P]荒唐的,不合情理的 beyond what is reasonable or satisfactory
- [P]感情深的 very friendly
- 厚厚地,密密地,浓浓地 so as to be thick; thickly
- [S]最活跃的部分; 活动最频繁的地点或时间 the part, place, time, etc., of greatest activity
the location of something surrounded by other things;
"in the midst of the crowd"
not thin; of a specific thickness or of relatively great extent from one surface to the opposite usually in the smallest of the three solid dimensions;
"an inch thick"
"a thick board"
"a thick sandwich"
"spread a thick layer of butter"
"thick coating of dust"
"thick warm blankets"
having component parts closely crowded together;
"a compact shopping center"
"a dense population"
"a thick forest"
relatively dense in consistency;
spoken as if with a thick tongue;
"the thick speech of a drunkard"
"his words were slurred"
having a short and solid form or stature;
"a wrestler of compact build"
"he was tall and heavyset"
"a thickset young man"
hard to pass through because of dense growth;
(of darkness) very intense;
"a face in deep shadow"
(used informally) associated on close terms;
"a close friend"
"the bartender was chummy with the regular customers"
"the two were thick as thieves for months"
(used informally) stupid
abounding; having a lot of;
"the top was thick with dust"
with a thick consistency;
"the blood was flowing thick"
in quick succession;
"misfortunes come fast and thick"
- He put on a thick sweater since it was cold in the morning.
- The mountain was covered with a thick layer of snow.
- There is a thick forest behind the village.
- Her thick and dark hair hangs all the way to her shoulder.
- cam and camshaft grinding machine
- She was still wearing her thick coat.
- That little restaurant makes good thick sandwiches.
- On the end of his nose was a pair of thick spectacles.
- Who's that young man with a thick head of hair?
- Thick smoke came out of the burning building.
- A field of burning grass billowed thick black clouds of smoke into the sky.
- Thick liquid pours much more slowly than thin liquid.
- Grandfather spoke with a thick Scottish brogue.
- We have been thick friends since we were young.
- The brass plate is one inch thick.
- The castle walls are two metres thick.
- The skins are very thick and glossy towards winter.
- Daffodil stems are straight and thick.
- The wire is very thick.
- The fog seemed to be getting thicker.
- The weather was thick.
- The flowers grew thick in the garden.
- His English is thick, but I always find it understandable.
- He is pretty thick, isn't he?
- My head's rather thick this morning after all that beer I drank last night.
- They're very thick together.
- He is thick of hearing.
- It was so thick to its length.
- She is thick with him.
- Your mother wouldn't like it if you become too thick with each other.
- The floor was thick with dust.
- The small room is thick with audience.
- The fog was so thick that we couldn't see anything.
- Their hatred was so thick that it could be cut with a knife.
- The illness made his speech thick.
- The snow is falling thick.
- The flowers grew thickest near the wall.
- The trees grew thicker and lower here and many of them were out of the vertical.
- Don't spread the butter too thick.
- My heart beats thick.
- a bit thick
太过分了,不合情理 beyond what is reasonable or satisfactory
- as thick as thieves
亲密无间,亲密得不得了 very friendly
- as thick as two short planks
- the thick end of
〈英·非正〉几乎和…一样多 almost as much as...
- thick on the ground
- thick and fast
〈非正〉密集地,接二连三,又快又多 quickly and in large numbers
- in the thick of sth
在…最激烈的时刻,在…的最激烈处,处在…的中心 in the most active〔dense〕 part of sth
- through thick and thin
共患难,同甘苦; 不顾艰难险阻,在任何情况下 through both good or bad time; in spite of all the difficulties
- thick accent 很浓的口音
- thick beard 浓胡须
- thick board 厚木板
- thick book 厚书
- thick brows 浓眉
- thick cloth 厚布
- thick clouds 浓厚的云层
- thick dust 厚厚的尘土
- thick finger 粗壮的手指
- thick fog 浓雾
- thick forest 稠密的森林
- thick lips 厚嘴唇
- thick mists 浓雾
- thick plank 厚木板
- thick skin 感受迟钝,不敏感
- thick slice 厚片
- thick smoke 浓烟
- thick sole 厚鞋底
- thick soup 浓汤
- thick stick 粗棍子
- thick strokes 粗笔画
- in the thick of sth 在…最激烈的时刻,在…的最激烈处,处在…的中心
- in the thick of the forest 在森林最密处
- through thick and thin 共患难,同甘苦,不顾艰难险阻
The man's..fingers..were short, blunt and thick.出自： G. Greene
Eyes made huge by thick glasses.出自： J. Steinbeck
A template cut from quarter-inch-thick maple.出自：New York Times
My kilt..is very thick; it can keep out snowdrifts.出自：Sunday Times
I..put on a thick layer of shaving cream.出自：Interview
When dark hath thicked to night.出自： W. de la Mare
The butter's spread too thick.出自： L. Carroll
- thick的基本意思是“厚的,粗的”,也可表示“稠密的,密集的,茂密的”,液体或糊状物“浓的,黏稠的”,汽、烟、雾或空气等“不清澈的,混浊的,浓的”,口音“很明显的,重的; 不清楚的”。
- thick, dense
- 这两个词意思基本相同,但有细微差别:thick是日常用语,用得略微广泛些,可形容牛奶、粥、油漆、雾、森林、树叶、毛发等表示其黑暗、浓、稠、密、深等; 但在特指空气的变化或状态时多用dense, dense也常用于比喻,指“头脑顽固”的本性或“根深蒂固”的特点。例如:
- The peaks were veiled in thick mist.浓雾笼罩着群峰。
- He is a dense fellow, just like a donkey.他是一个头脑顽固的家伙,就像一头驴。
误 How fat is the wall?
正 How thick is the wall?
析 表达物体厚度只能用thick,不能用fat, fat的意思是“肥胖”。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的thicce，意为浓密的。