- 融雪的温暖气候，暖和天气 ，春融
- 变和缓， 变得不拘束，随便
- 缓和，使缓和，缓和起来， 趋于和缓
- vi. (冰、雪及冷冻食物)溶化，溶解 (especially of ice,snow or frozen food) become liquid or soft due to the temperature rising above freezing point
- vi. (气候)解冻 (of weather) become warm enough to melt ice or snow
- vi. 软化，暖和起来 become less hard,less numb,less icy,etc.,as a result of being warmed
- vi. (态度、感情等)缓和，随和，更友好 become more friendly,less stiff in manner
- vt. 使融化，使缓和 cause to thaw;cause to become more friendly
- [C]融化，解冻 the action,fact,or process of thawing
- [C](足以解冻的)暖和天气 warmth of weather sufficient to thaw ice
the process whereby heat changes something from a solid to a liquid;
"the power failure caused a refrigerator melt that was a disaster"
"the thawing of a frozen turkey takes several hours"
warm weather following a freeze; snow and ice melt;
"they welcomed the spring thaw"
a relaxation or slackening of tensions or reserve; becoming less hostile;
"the thaw between the United States and Russia has led to increased cooperation in world affairs"
become or cause to become soft or liquid;
"The sun melted the ice"
"the ice thawed"
"the ice cream melted"
"The heat melted the wax"
"The giant iceberg dissolved over the years during the global warming phase"
"dethaw the meat"
- This year the thaw will set in early.
- The sky, swollen with the clouds that announce a thaw, hung as low as before a summer storm.
- Come up to the fire,and you will thaw out.
- This warm weather should thaw the ice on the road very quickly.
- The ice thawed in the sun.
- It thawed early last spring.
- He thawed after sitting at a fire for a while.
- His shyness thawed under her kindness.
- The little girl's smile thawed the angry old man.
- The spring thaw caused heavy flooding.
- A thaw has set in.
We were trapped in the ice and had to wait for the thaw.出自： J. Clavell
The splintering of ice in the first spring thaw.出自： P. Fitzgerald
If the Sun of Righteousness will arise upon him, his frozen Heart shall feel a Thaw.出自： fig.
Where Phoebus' fire scarce thaws the icicles.出自：Merchant of Venice , Shakespeare
Energy to thaw the frozen lake of my ideas.出自： fig.
- thaw, dissolve, melt
- 这组词都可表示“融化”“溶解”。它们之间的区别是:melt指由于热的影响而使某一固体软化,失去形状而成为液体,也可指一固体在液体中溶解; thaw指冰冻的东西解冻成液体或柔软的固体; dissolve则多指固体在液体中溶解。
- thawless adj. (永)不融化的‖thawy adj. 解冻的，融化的